Surprise || m.c.

You picked up your - now two and a half year old - son and rested him on your hip as you waited in the ever so long cue for fries. He begged for five minutes straight before you caved in and joined the back of the cue.

You ignored Patrick as he ran his fingers through your hair, messing with you as much as possible until you got annoyed and put him back on his feet.

"Mummy!" He whined, holding his hands in the air for you to carry him but you only shook your head.

"Mummy's tired." You pouted down at your boy, hoping he'd shrug it off, which he did eventually.

"Cute kid." You smiled and turned to thank the guy who complimented your Patrick but froze when you met with Michaels eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me." You gaped at him in shock. It had been a while since he broke up with you but you didn't expect him to just be at the same shitty fair as you. Why was he even here? You didn't even come for yourself, Patrick insisted.

"Y/N, Hi!" Michael beamed, smiling down at you. You smiled quickly before turning back to the stranger stood in front of you in the cue.

"Hi, Michael." You mumbled, clasping onto Patrick's hand as you moved ahead in the cue.

"Wow, it's been a long time. How are you?" You rolled your eyes before turning to Michael with a noticeably fake smile.

"I'm great, thanks for asking." You felt Patrick tugging on your arm causing you to focus your attention on him. "What, Pat?" You glanced down at him as he pulled you forward into the free space in front of the two of you.

"Mummy I'm hungry." You heard Michael chuckle as Patrick continued to whine about his lack of food, so you rolled your eyes and nodded.

"I know kiddo but we're almost at the front, okay?" Patrick nodded and began twirling around with your arm when you turned back to Michael.

You shot him a small smile and apologised.

"So you have a kid now?" You nodded to Michaels questioning and smiled with Patrick in mind. "A lot can change in two years." You nodded again and sighed, shaking your head quickly.

"Miss, can I take your order?" You snapped your attention back off Michael to see you were now at the front of the cue - with Patrick's guidance.

"Sorry. I'll have a large fries and a bottle of water." The woman meekly nodded and went about her business in making the order.

"Mummy," Patrick whined again. "I want juice!" He pouted, pulling against your arm.

"Well you're having water." He whined again and frowned up at you but you stood your ground.

"Waters better for your teeth, kid." Michael intercepted. You'd crouched down to Patrick's heigh at this point and we're now looking up at Michael in confusion.

"He's right you know." You smiled over at Patrick. "Just think what the tooth fairy would say if they saw you with horrible teeth." Patrick gasped.

"No!" He whined. "I love the tooth fairy, she gives me money." You laughed as he pouted.

"Give me a kiss and drink up your water and the tooth fairy will still come visit you, okay?" Patrick nodded quickly before giving you a kiss. You smiled and stood back up, taking your fries and water and paying the woman behind the counter.

"It was nice seeing you, Michael." You turned to shout over your shoulder as you handed Patrick the water and took his other hand in yours before leading him away from the cue of people.

"Hey, wait!" You rolled your eyes just as you sat down at an unoccupied table. Patrick settled himself in the chair and started eating his fries, focusing on the ketchup he was dipping them in. He loved ketchup.

"Yes, Michael?" You asked rather irritably, growing quickly fed up of Michael constantly pestering you.

He broke up with you almost three years ago and it still sucked for you because he didn't even care. It wasn't easy for you to talk to him knowing he left you alone.

"I think we should catch up sometime." He smiled as he held his coke and burger in his hand, waiting for his positive response from you.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." You shook your head, watching Michaels smile quickly deteriorate.

"What? Why?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion.

"You broke up with me."

"Three years ago, Y/N." He stared at you in total confusion.

"So what?" You snapped. "Just leave, Mikey." You took a deep breath, and attempted to turn away from him but he quickly took hold of your arm.

"How old did you say the kid was?" You swallowed the lump in your throat and pulled your arm free from his grip.

"I didn't."

"Y/N, please I'm paranoid. Tell me he's not mine."

"What?" You spat at him, disgusted with his attitude towards the situation. "Not if that's how you're going to be about all of this." You frowned at him, hurt that he wasn't taking this how you had planned him to.

"I'm too young to have a kid, Y/N!" Michael raised his voice but managed to keep in under a hushed whisper.

His words and reaction had really struck you hard. You nodded, tears starting to build up but you swallowed the lump in your throat once more and shrugged.

"I had to go through child labour alone, at 19 Michael. I was too young to have a kid." You sniffled, quickly wiping away a stray tear. You felt Patrick around your ankles and when you looked down at him you noticed he was hugging your legs.

"Mummy, don't cry." He pouted.

"Pat, mummy's fine. Go eat your fries." You attempted to smiled and ruffled his hair but he shook his head and continued to hug your legs tightly.

You quickly gave in and kneeled down, letting him hug you properly before standing back up to your feet and holding him in your arms again.

"You know what, Michael. I've been perfectly okay without you for these past three years so you can leave. I don't need help from someone who couldn't give two shits about me or him." You leaned into Patrick and held tightly into him, kissing the side of his head as you anxiously watched Michael.

"Y/N, you're being pathetic. It's not my fault you didn't tell me about him sooner-"

"Nothing would be different right now even if I had of told you. You're an ass, Michael. You always have been and always will be." You spat at him, ignoring his hurt look showing across his face. "I'd rather him grow up without a, d-a-d, than have you - who left me after realising you couldn't commit to an actual relationship." You shook your head, and grabbed the bottle of water before turning away from Michael, cradling your son in your arms.

*~*~*

sad ending awh

I never do sad endings because they make me sad too, BUT I turned Michael into a real arse and I got mad at him so I made you leave, soz.

really not bothered about reading this over so ignore mistakes and blah blah blah

EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS IN 3 WEEKS :(