Hotel Ceiling - Rixton || a.i.

"I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
Drinking everything I've found this evening,
Trying to hold onto the sweetest feeling,
So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely."

He did nothing. He let you throw him out. He watched you to slam the door in his face, without resistance. He knew it was your fault and you knew it was your fault. You just needed to cool down and evaluate reality with what you suspected had happened.

He knew it was a friend and he figured you'd figure it out eventually seeing as nothing actually happened between the two of them anyway.

Ashton wasn't the type to cheat and manipulate and lie. He was a completely, one hundred percent, open book. Something you loved and hated about him.

You slouched your posture and dragged yourself back inside your, now empty, apartment. You took a deep breath before holding your head between your hands, shaking your head as you tried to figure what happened.

You took the drinks in each hand after paying the bar tender and shot him a weak smile before turning in search of Ashton. At first you couldn't actually see him, the crowd club getting the netter of you.

After mindless wandering you managed to spot Ashton over in the corner, laughing along with a blonde whose back was facing you.

Furrowing your eyebrows tightly, you strode over to the two of them, getting pretty anxious when Ashton didn't immediately take notice of you. When he did he sprung to his feet and took the two drinks out of your hands and resting them down on the small table.

He was smiling widely as the blonde turned to face you. She wore the same smile, quickly getting to her feet to engulf you in a warming hug. You uncomfortably patted her back as she hugged you tightly, thankful when she pulled back.

"Y/N, this is Bryana!" He was looking at her like she was an angel and disregarding me like I was absolutely nothing.

"We used to date a while back." You scoffed at her input and raised your eyebrows, unimpressed with Ashton at this moment.

"Wow, what a coincidence you were here tonight, right?" You laughed sarcastically. "You know," You pursed your lips and pressed your thumb and forefinger to your chin as you glanced over at Ashton momentarily. "Not once have I heard the name Bryana come up in conversation, babe." You were now solemnly boring holes into the side of his head as he attempted to focus on both you and Bryana.

"Really?" Bryana raised an eyebrow in Ashton's direction, almost taken back by your words.

You nodded, shrugging as innocently as you could. "Yep." You smiled almost sweetly at Ashton as Bryana now bored holes in his direction. "Not once."

"You'd think a three year relationship would come up at least once in a conversation." She spoke harshly, obviously offended that Ashton hadn't mentioned her existence.

"It was a long time ago, Bry." You scoffed at his pathetic response in attempt to get himself out of this. Ashton stared over at you, clearly annoyed and disgusted with how you were acting but you just couldn't help yourself.

You took their silence to your advantage and leaned in between the two of them, grabbing your drink from the table. You quickly removed the little cocktail stick and downed the alcoholic beverage, twisting your face at the taste.

You released a quiet laugh before smiling over at a peeved Bryana. "It was nice meeting you." You patted her back and handed her your empty glass. "But I should go. Clearly some mixed feelings going on with you and my boyfriend right now. So I'll see you-" You pointed directly at Bryana. "-on the flip side." You then turned to Ashton and pointed in his direction. "And I'll see you when you actually decide to drag your attention away from this chick for long enough to get yourself home." You waved at the two of them before exiting the crowded club.