The Heart Wants What It Wants - Selena Gomez || l.h

"You got me sippin' on something
I can't compare to nothing
I've ever known, I'm hoping
That after this fever I'll survive
I know I'm acting a bit crazy
Strung out, a little bit hazy
Hand over heart, I'm praying
That I'm gonna make it out alive"

You stared blankly at the bartender who slid your drink in your direction. You took your shot, wincing as the burning rolled down your throat.

"How old are you?" The bartender asked for the fourth time now, and you were growing seemingly impatient with him.

"Can you stop asking," You spat back at him. "I already told you I'm twenty-one." You quickly ordered another shot not stopping for a moment as your vision begun to blur. You just didn't care about anything.

You watched the various drunken strangers as best you could, managing to make out three groups.

Group one: the slutty girls, obnoxiously grinding against sweaty strangers.

Group two: the drunk out of their minds, touchy feely, near to mistaken-sex girls.

And group three was just this one creepy old guy trying to pick up girls way too young for him.

"Hey, I've been watching you for a while and I-"

"You've been watching me?" You furrowed your eyebrows together in annoyance as you felt the presence of the stranger beside you. "Not a great start to whatever shitty pickup line you were going to use on me." You lifted your hand to hail the bartender but the stranger slapped your hand down.

"I'm not trying to pick you up, I came over to say that maybe you should lay off the alcohol. Especially since you've no one here to take you home." He spat back at you.

You glanced over at him, seeing the tall blonde haired guy, stood with his elbows leaning against the bar, not even bothering to sit down. "Look, I don't know who you think you are, but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me alone." You looked back down at your hands, waiting for the bartender to return.

"Its not healthy or safe to be drinking this heavily when you're alone." He sighed. "I'm Luke. I'm not here to pick you up or take you back to my place for a one night stand or even to buy you a drink - unless you request a glass of water - I just came over because my stupid friend brought me here against my will, and my blind date is currently making out with some dumb arsehole, and you looked kinda lonely and harmless so here I am okay? I just want to help." You glanced at him out of the corner of your eye, seeing him smiling slightly.

"My boyfriend cheated on me," You blurted out.

Luke nodded and took a seat beside you. "Go on."

"With my best friend," You choked on your words. "And then he tried to tell me it was my fault-" You stopped yourself from talking any further as you felt tears building in your eyes.

"What a jerk," Luke scoffed, but you only shrugged. "I'm sorry." He apologised, resting his hand on your shoulder.

You nodded, staring aimlessly as your vision was now blurring for more reasons that one. You glanced down at the floor, as a tear slipped from your eye. Everything was hurting, mentally physically and emotionally. You were so destroyed that you just didn't know what to do with yourself.

You held your hand over your heart, feeling its slow monotonous pulse, silently praying that you could just make it through this night alive.

"Do you want me to take you home?" The ringing of Luke's voice through your ears was enough to snap you from your thoughts.

You turned to face him. "How do I know you're not going to hurt me?" You asked, watching as he stood up from the stool and held out his hand.

"You're just going to have to trust me." He smiled sweetly towards you.

You glanced down at his hand, biting down on your lip as you tried to make a decision.

You lifted your hand and placed it on top of his.

Whats the worst that could happen?

*~*~*

(Idk about this, but for real, I have no ideas, I keep doing songs bc I've got nothing. so pls pls pls comment if you have any ideas or requests) (I s2g though, The Heart Wants What it Wants is my shit ok)