Best Mistake - Ariana Grande || c.h.

"Break up, make up
Total waste of time
Can we please make up
Our minds
And stop acting like we're blind."

You walked through the front door of the apartment, stumbling over your own feet and almost to the floor.

You clung onto anything in reach and slung your heels across the room along with your purse.

You walked into the living room, slightly startled by your boyfriend sprawled across your sofa.

You tried to be as quiet as possible when you made your way to your shared bedroom. But that was difficult when you were halfway gone. You ended up bumping into the damn table, causing one of the photo frames to fall, the glass smashing onto the floor.

You cursed under your breath and crouched down, picking up the frame to see a picture of you and Calum in it. You winced at the memory of that day when Luke captured Calum feeding you ice cream. He had the biggest smile of his face, the little crinkles in the corner of his eyes prominently showing as your lips wrapped around the ice cream filled spoon.

Your semi-drunken state caused your eyes to well with tears as you thought about the mess the two of you were in now.

"Y/N?" Your head shot up to see Calum's figure standing over you as he stood at the door frame of the living room.

You ignored him, placing the frame back onto the floor before you made your way into the kitchen to fetch the dustpan and broom. You reentered to see Calum had flicked the light switch on and was now holding the photo frame in his hands as he smiled at the memory. But it was only a memory now.

"That was the day we went to the beach and you yelled at me for throwing you into the sea."

You ignored his comment, your head was throbbing from the bright light and now Calum was trying to relive memories that you wanted to leave behind.

He reluctantly stood back to his feet and rested the broken frame back on the small table. He tried to remove the dustpan and broom from you but you pulled them away.

"I'm capable of cleaning up my own mess." You muttered. With that you sat cross-legged on the floor and began brushing up the broken glass. "Go back to sleep." You were attempting to hold back more tears. Unfortunately you were an emotional drunk, so instead of being loud or obnoxious or crazy, instead you tended to cry a lot.

"Where did you leave to?" He questioned, his over protectiveness shining through again - one of the things that started your initial argument.

"Y/N." You ignored him, a couple tears managing to slip out as you finished brushing up the rest of the glass. You turned away from him and emptied the glass into the bin in the kitchen. You discarded the dustpan and brush before walking out into the hallway where Calum still stood motionless. You brushed your shoulder against his as you walked to your bedroom.

He unfortunately clasped onto your wrist causing you to come to a halt, with the already falling tears, you really didn't want to talk.

"I asked you a question."

"Get off me." You pulled your wrist back and ended up back in your room, crashing on the bed before you could even change.

-

The next day wasn't much easier, you woke up with Calum beside you and a blazing headache. You noticed his arm limply holding onto your waist and you tried your best to remove it without waking him.

You pulled the small comforter from the end of your bed and wrapped it around yourself before exiting the bedroom and into the bathroom. You quickly locked the door and washed your face, trying to wake yourself from the headache that was paining you.

After brushing your teeth and combing out your hair, you stared at yourself for a moment. You saw the prominent bags hanging under your eyes and the tiredness that appeared on your face in general which didn't help with the red of your eyes. You were a mess.

This was a waste of time.

You were wallowing around your shared apartment for what? You didn't want to look at Calum, never mind be in the same room as him.

You kept acting like everything was okay when you were surrounded by your friends but for the past month, you had done nothing but argue and disagree on everything. He was always the one yelling at the end of it and you were always the one that ended up crying and leaving. It was becoming a routine and all you wanted was the fighting to stop or for you two to stop everything.

You shook your head from your thoughts and reentered your bedroom. You noticed Calum was laying awake staring at his phone screen with a blank expression piled on his face.

You tried your best not to look as if everything was about to fall apart but it was difficult. You'd be the power couple for three years now, he wasn't someone you could easily walk away from.

"Cal," You coughed to regain the strength in your voice, trying not to get yourself all upset. His eyes didn't remove from his phone screen but he hummed to let me know he acknowledge me. "I think we should take a break." You gulped on the lump that had quickly grown in your throat when his head snapped up and his eyes meeting yours.

"What?" His voice was quiet. He had locked his phone and let it fall from his hands as her stared at you in shock.

"I just think that it'd be better than staying in a relationship that is nothing more than arguments and harsh words." You held you comforter over your hands and covered your mouth, holding back tears that were threatening to fall.

Your lip quivered the longer you kept focused on him so you quickly lowered your head before sitting at the edge of the bed.

"No." He pleaded, his own eyes watering when he realised what he was loosing. "Y/N, you know I love you." You shook your head, covering your face with your hands, his words making the first couple tears slip from your eyes. "I'm sorry I yell, I'm sorry I'm a pain, I'm sorry I get jealous. But you can't let go now." He arrived beside you, his hands shook slightly as he rested a hand on your shoulder.

You shook your head as you choked back a sob and released a quiet hiccup. Before you could deny his offer, Calum wrapped his arms around you and you just couldn't pull away from him.

"Sweetheart, please." He mumbled, pressing his lips to your forehead as you broke into quiet sobs, holding onto his chest.

"I don't want to fight." You stuttered, nuzzling your face into his chest. "I don't want this anymore, Cal. I can't do it."

"I'm sorry." He repeatedly mumbled into the crook of your neck.

"Make up your mind, Cal." You muttered. You pulled back from his chest and looked into his reddened eyes with your glossy ones. "If I stay are we really going to make things work or am I stuck in a relationship I don't want to be in?" You sniffled, using the back of the comforter to wipe under your eyes.

Calum's mouth briefly hung open slightly, staring you in eyes. "Y/N, I really had no idea you were so unhappy." His voice was soft and quiet, almost as if he was scared to say the wrong. "But I promise, if you stay, I'll do everything I can to keep us going. To make you happy. I promise, just please-" His voice stopped and the lump in his throat bobbed up and down. "Don't leave."

*~*~*

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahacliffhangerhahahahahahahahaha

hello i will not be posting part 2 bc EFFORT. if you come up w an idea for a part 2 feel free to leave a comment and i'll attempt for u lil cream puff

anyway, sorry its almost been a month. i started my gcse's on monday so i'm really crammed into revision and exams rn.

i am taking a small break, but i'll be back around mid June I promise.

*nervous laugh* i didn'T REAd this over leave me alone