Bad Reputations || c.h.

Part 3 (Final Part)

"Mum, I've already told you that I don't want to see him." You were growing agitated by the fact she wouldn't do her duty as a mum and make him leave.

"Y/N, he's your best friend." She sighed and took and seat next to where you were lying on your bed. "I know you don't want to see him, but I think you two need to talk."

You shook your head again and turned over, your back now facing your mum.

"Just tell him to go away." You snivelled, hugging your pillow into your chest. You felt the bed relax back into its original shape so you assumed your mum had up and left.

You sighed and tried not to think about Calum or your ex boyfriend or your friends or your mum or anyone. You just wanted to be alone but that was difficult after everything that happened today.

After you ran from the canteen, you decided to take off home rather than go to your next few classes. You walked all the way in the cold and when you got back home, your mum didn't even question it, she just hugged you tight and asked if you were okay.

From that moment onwards you spent the day in your room, you'd switched your phone off to ignore any calls or texts from Calum or your friends.

"Hey," You groaned at the sound of Calum's voice, you couldn't believe your mum had let him in.

"Go away." You mumbled, shoving your face into your pillow, trying to ignore him.

"I'm sorry." You felt the bed dip next to you. You shuffled slightly before peeping up at Calum who was sitting with his back to you, looking down at his hands. "That guy is just such an asshole, and he was such a dick to you." You nodded because it was true. "I'm not sorry for hitting him, but I'm sorry for going along with the rumours."

You turned yourself over and looked up at Calum as he let his head drop into his hands. "That was you?" You whispered and he nodded.

"I'm sorry. I feel like its all my fault." He shook his head and you very slowly sat yourself up.

"Hey, no. It was my fault for even dating such a jerk." Calum just shook his head again and you didn't know what to do, so you simply sat your hand on his shoulder.

Both of you stayed quiet for a little while, you had shuffled closer to him and were now resting your head against his back.

In a way you felt at fault for not realising what a jerk your boyfriend was in the first place, but you knew that if you blamed yourself for every problem that someone else had caused you, you'd go insane.

"Despite the mess," You mumbled quietly, listening to Calum hum in response. "Did you want those rumours to be true?"

You leaned back, no longer against him and when he didn't answer you just took a deep breath and lay back down in your bed. Surprisingly enough, Calum stood himself up, flung of his shoes and jacket and followed you suit, laying next to you.

He twisted his neck to his left and took in your current state before letting his answer slip out. "A little, yeah." He whispered, leaning his head down so his lips brushed against the bare skin of your shoulder, leaving a chaste kiss.

You let your head fall to your right, taking in Calum's state as he let himself lean against your shoulder.

"I know you have this pretty ruthless reputation," You titled your head back before leaning yours against Calum's. "And I know that I'm probably not what anyone would consider your type," You whispered, trying to discover where you wanted this conversation to lead to.

"You're what I consider my type." Calum's words came out muffled as his cheeks where currently squashed up against you. You smiled and breathed a quiet laugh.

"Well, I'm not what your reputation would entitle anyway."

"Y/N, my reputation is what is it. A reputation." You could hear that he obviously was becoming a little insulted. "There's more to me than that." You shook your head and furrowed your eyebrows together.

"I'm your best friend Cal, of course I know there's more to you," You returned his insulted tone and Calum mumbled a soft apology before you returned to your original trace.

"I know you like to have a different girl every week, but I was just wondering whether I was enough to change your mind?" You whispered, closing your eyes in fear you just ruined whatever relationship you had left with Calum.

Not till recently had you began to see Calum as slightly more than what he was to you. You wanted to tell him, but with your ex boyfriend in the way it was already difficult enough so you buried your feelings really deep down.

"Enough?" You opened your eyes when you didn't hear Calum's sympathetic tone. "You changed my mind a long time ago, Y/N." You turned your head to see that Calum was already looking over at you. You smiled. "I never wanted to make you choose between me and your boyfriend."

You nodded and Calum shrugged. "We can't do this." You whispered, your heart aching when you saw the disappointment show in Calum's features. "Publicly at least." You quickly added on. "Not after today."

Calum stayed quiet for a minute before he spoke up. "I've spent too much time worrying about what other people think of me." He moved his hand to your cheek and gently leaned in as he kissed you. "I want everyone to know that you're mine."

Your eyebrows furrowed tightly together and your small smile grew, and you were sure that your eyes were literally in heart form right now.

"Your reputation deceives you. You're a big softie." You giggled lightly as Calum let his hands stay cupped around your face, his eyes in literal heart form as he watched you being so much happier than he'd seen you for months.

Calum tilted your head downwards slightly and kissed your forehead before looking back into your eyes wholeheartedly. "I think I could love you, in time." You felt so adored, you were sure at any moment your heart might burst at how sincere Calum was being. "Like, scarily, love you so much it might hurt." His eyebrows furrowed together and you could tell he was worrying himself as he'd never done this before.

You tilted your chin upwards and kissed his nose softly. "And so do I. We'll do it together." Calum took a deep breath and let out a weary smile.

"Together."

*~*~*

this fucked w my emotions holy SHIT calum