To Build A Home || l.h.

Part Two

You sat at the kitchen table, scooping up a spoonful of cereal as you watched your mum standing at the stove, cooking her own breakfast. You let your spoon fall into the near empty bowl, laughing softly when your mum jumped.

"What're you doing today?" You glanced up at your mum as she placed her plate on the table, taking a seat opposite you.

You shrugged, picking your spoon back up as you twirled the leftover cereal floating in your bowl.

"Why don't you visit Luke? Sweetie its been a long time." She sighed, taking her fork and picking at her food.

"Mum, I already told you they won't let me visit." You rolled your eyes even though she couldn't help her ageing memory. Not that she had any problem with remembering Luke.

It'd been almost five years since you'd had any contact with him. You worried from time to time, but considering its solitary confinement, you forced yourself to believe he'd be okay.

You went on a few dates after they took Luke away but you really just couldn't find anyone who you sparked an interest with.

You missed Luke but you tried not to think about him too much as he still had another 6 months left. The past 4 and a half years flew by and now you couldn't even begin to imagine the pain you went through at the beginning of it all.

"Oh right, of course." She nodded before returning to the food she'd prepared. "Maybe you should try writing to him again?" She spoke up again after a couple more minutes. Your mum had always loved Luke like the son she never had and always wanted. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it just made it harder for you when you tried not to think about him.

"I wrote to him for a year mum. And besides, I'm pretty sure he didn't get them." You shrugged, standing up from your chair and emptying your bowl into the sink.

"Well maybe you could-"

"Mum, stop please." You whimpered. You clasped onto the sides of the counter, shutting your eyes tightly as memories of Luke flushed through your mind.

You heard a knock on the door but ignored it, leaving it to your mum to attend to. You took a deep breath before leaning down into the cupboard where you pulled out a glass and filled it with water, taking small sips every now and then.

"Y/N!" You hummed in response to your mothers enthusiastic calling of your name as you gulped down the rest of your water. "Its about Luke, I-"

"Mum can you please let it go!" You snapped, tossing your glass into the sink and holding your head in your hands. "It really fucking sucks that he's in prison right now and has been for the past 5 years and it really doesn't help that you're talking about him 24/7 because honestly it hurts a lot and I understand you're getting old and you need-" You paused as you turned around seeing your mum stood with a hug smile spread across her face- and more importantly Luke stood with his stupid smirk sitting on his lips.

"Shit." You mumbled, lifting your hand to your mouth left agape as you stared at him.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." He whispered breathlessly before rushing towards you. You gasped as he wrapped his arms tightly around you, the familiar feeling starting to return. You choked on your breath as you hesitantly rested your arms around his torso.

"I thought- I-" You were cut off as Luke pulled back, quickly cupping your cheeks and kissing you with such passion that you felt your knees grow weak.

"Good behaviour payed off." You shook your head, unable to process what was going on. It'd be 4 and a half years since you had seen him, it felt so alien yet so, so familiar.

"I love you, oh my god." You whispered, a smile starting to grow on your face as you quickly held onto him again, burying your face into his chest.

"You waited for me."

"I said I would."

Luke smiled down at you as you hugged him so tightly, content with your reply, content with you. He felt good to have everything back in place. He felt happy to be free of his godforsaken job and free of his horrific "friends" and free of everything and everyone that drew him closer to his prison sentence.

He'd removed all the bad and replaced it with you, the only one that ever tried to make his life that little bit better, even when his primary intentions were the worst kind.

You loved him and he loved you and thats all both of you really wanted/needed in your life.

*~*~*

so i didn't PLAN on writing a part two but a few people asked for one so heres your happy ficking ending u little poops.

moCKS ARE GOING TERRIBLE SO FAR WOO, FAILING AT LIFE☁️

hope ure good, thanks for so many bloody reads.

kay bye☁️☁️