Tell Me || a.i.

You glanced down at your phone sitting in you lap, trying to build up anything inside you to call him but you just couldn't, you still couldn't quite comprehend just how this could be happening.

You sniffled, wiping under your eyes trying to remove whatever makeup was smeared on your cheeks as you finally picked up you phone and dialled his number. After waiting a minute or so, the sound of his voicemail rang through your ears. Honestly, you weren't surprised, he wasn't going to answer immediately, he was touring, he couldn't always answer your calls.

After a good twenty minutes of trying to look on the bright side, you concluded there was just no bright side.

"Hello?" You whispered, trying not to awaken your parents sleeping in the next room as you answered your vibrating phone.

"Hey babe," Ashton's voice was cheerful as you heard muffled laughter in the background.

"Hi, how was the show?" You tried your very best to sound happy and excited for him but it proved difficult knowing you had to tell him sooner rather than later.

"It was awesome! The crowd was beautiful, we sounded great, it was, wow. One of the best shows yet!" You could practically feel his excitement as he beamed through the phone, his adrenaline still clearly present.

"That sounds great, babe." You faked a small laugh, but lifted the corners of your mouth into a smile as you really were happy for him.

"It was," He giggled, the laughter in the background slowly dying down before coming to an immediate halt. "So what are you up to?" He asked.

"Its like.." You paused for a moment, pulling your phone from your ear to check the time, only to see it was near four am. "..Super late right now so I guess I'm in bed.." You released another light laugh, still cautious of your parents next door.

"Damn, I forgot about time zones." His voice sounded deflated. This was your chance, you thought.

"Yeah, so I was wondering if I could talk to you about somet-"

"Ash! We're going out, come on!" You heard - what sounded to be - one of the other three boys calling after Ashton.

"Just wait a minute, jesus," Ashton shouted back them. "Sorry sweetheart, what were you saying?" He questioned.

You simply shook your head before replying. "It can wait, go hang out with the guys." You figured what he didn't know would 't hurt him, so you could keep it to yourself for a while until you couldn't not have him know.

"You're sure?" Ashton asked, showing a genuine interest in you and what you would now eventually tell him.

"Definite." You replied, wearing a small smile on your face. "Now go."

"Okay, okay. I'm leaving." He chuckled. "I'll call you tomorrow, 'kay?" You nodded, biting your lip before replying.

"Yeah."

"I love you, goodnight." You could tell he was smiling just by the sound of his voice.

"I love you too, Ash."

*~*~*

was this the shittest thing you've ever read? yeah.

y'all can slap my face with a chair for not updating in a MONTH. i'm sorry.

i'll do a part two btw lol