Too Close - Ariana Grande || m.c

"Though we've been friends so long
And it seems so wrong
And everyone can see you're perfect for me
But I just can't let it show

I've been thinking about you
Boy, it's killing me and I got to let you know
Baby, tell me
Do you feel it like I do?"

You sat across from him, watching as he conversed with his best friends, wondering how he managed to keep that smile on his face for so long.

You watched how his eyes would crinkle every time someone cracked a joke, how his lips would curve into a small smile when he wasn't hysterically laughing, how his eyes lit up when they started talking about their next few shows.

You were so madly in love with your best friend that you found it hard to function. It was difficult to sit across room like so and not have him near you.

You've wanted to tell him for so long but you never could. He's been your best friend since you could remember, and you didn't want to mess up the relationship you already had with him.

"Y/N, stop staring at Mikey and go get me a beer please?" Luke smiled sweetly.

You rolled your eyes and stood up from the sofa you were sat in. "Fine." You figured you might as well go, you needed to stop making your crush on Michael so obvious.

"Hey no, Luke that was rude. I'll go." Ashton rolled his eyes at Luke before standing and walking out of the room and to the kitchen.

"Wait for me, I'm hungry." Cal called after Ashton before standing up, sending me a big smile and following him out into the kitchen.

The three of us stared for a moment, an awkward silence falling between us.

"Um, I'm just gonna go the toilet." Luke quickly stood up, turning his back to Michael and shooting you a shooting you a wink.

You pushed him towards the door and rolled your eyes at him.

"Michael," You smiled with a small sigh before collapsing next to him on the sofa, laying your legs on his lap and hugging his waist. "Hi." You mumbled, resting your head on his chest.

Michael chuckled and wrapped his arms tightly around you, placing a kiss on your forehead. "Hey," He rested his head on top of yours and hummed quietly. "Are you tired? Its pretty late and you looked kind of bored." He questioned, lifting his head slightly and looking down at you.

You shook your head, not feeling tired or bored at all. You could spend all your time with Michael and never get bored, even if you weren't involved in conversation. "No its okay, I'm okay." You smiled, lifting your head of his chest and looking up at him.

You stared into his hazily green eyes, watching his eyes dart quickly away from your gaze. You felt your heart sink a little knowing he mustn't feel the same way. Of course he doesn't. Now you just felt stupid.

"Actually, maybe I should just go." You mumbled, untangling yourself from him and sitting on the sofa.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked, resting his hand on yours.

You shook your head, feeling tears well in your eyes. "I'm fine, I'll walk." You managed to choke out, quickly standing up as you made your way out of the front room, running straight into Luke, Ashton and Calum who were obviously eavesdropping.

"Hey, Y/N. You okay?" Cal asked, clutching onto your shoulders so you couldn't run off just yet.

You were closest with Calum, after Michael, he was the only one who knew officially that you were in love with Michael.

"I'm fine," You nodded with a small smile, but it wasn't disguising the tears that were about to fall. "I just really need to go," Your voice cracked as you glanced to your side, seeing Michael stood there.

You shrugged Calum's hands from you and made your way to the door.

"Wait Y/N! Whats wrong? Whats going on?" Michael called after you as you pulled open his front door.

You stopped and rested your head on the door, letting a few tears slip as you choked on your breath.

"She in love with you, asshole and you don't even realise it!" Calum called to Michael.

You tightened your eyes shut as the air fell silent. You felt a hand rest on your shoulder but you quickly shrugged it off. "I have to go." You whispered to only Michael, quickly leaving his apartment and closing the door behind you.

*~*~*

(part two maybe?)