arguments || l.h.

you jumped at the insistent knocking at your door at two am, and cautiously slumped out of your bed and downstairs to your front door.

when you whipped it open, luke fell into your arms, obviously having previously been leaning on the door.

you smiled and fell back slightly, trying to pick up the poor boy. you clasped your hands around his head and lifted him up so he was looking at you. you immediately noticed the prominent redness of his eyes and you released a short breath in disgust.

"you're drunk again?" you watched his eyes wander back and forth between you and his surroundings. he furrowed his eyebrows and stood up for himself, swaying slightly as he tried to keep himself still.

"i'm not drunk," he scoffed and you immediately recognised the glare his eyes.

"if you're high, you're staying with calum." you crossed your arms over your chest and stared at him as he clasped onto the kitchen table.

"i'm not high, fucking hell." he mumbled his eyes rolling back as he brushed the hand you placed on his shoulder.

"then what are you?" you raised an eyebrow, waiting his petty attempt of an excuse.

he paused for a minute before look at you apologetically. "okay, so i might be a little drunk."

"luke, you promised you were just going to ashton's for a dumb party," you frowned and took hold of his arm, making sure to wrap it round your shoulders, limping him into the living room. "you said you wouldn't come home drunk. you know i have to work tomorrow." you huffed as you set him down on the couch.

"then why are you up?" he mumbled, relaxing back into the couch, rubbing at his temple to possibly release the tension of his growing headache.

you frowned at his smart arse comment. "i just couldn't sleep."

"then why are we arguing about this!" he quickly raised his voice, obviously the slightest bit sober as he was acting capable of holding a conversation.

"because you promised you wouldn't get drunk!" you shot back at him, trying not to get to the point of yelling.

he rolled his eyes for the second him before pushing himself up from the couch and walking towards the stairs.

"no," you grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back. "i'm not sleeping in the same bed as you when you're like this. you get all moody and noisy and gross and, thats beside the point! i asked you not to get drunk and you promised me you wouldn't."

luke groaned. "you're being ridiculous," his voice trailed off as you pushed him in the direction of the door.

"i don't want you here luke!" you raised your voice. "you have no respect for anything that doesn't involve you!" you pushed at his chest, watching him stumble back due to his state.

you jumped a little when he knocked down the flower he'd bought you earlier in the week. you scanned over the mess in front of you and inevitably just shook your head. "please, just leave," you pleaded, furrowing your eyebrows so closely together that it was beginning to give you a headache.

"this is just as much my house as it is yours, y/n, you have no means to kick me out."

"my means are, you're a inconsiderate drunk asshole stumbling into the apartment at four am on a work day so, fuck your rights and go to calum's because you're not staying here tonight." you inhaled heavily, your anger getting the best of you. you just wanted luke to listen to you and lately he never would.