Distance || m.c.

You walked to your living room with your bowl of cereal in hand before sitting down on your couch. You flicked through the channels trying to settle on something good at 3am.

You stared blankly at the dim television not paying attention to whatever happened to be on.

Michael was the one who sat up at 3am and aimlessly watched tv with you. You would come walking down the stairs, grab your cereal and sit on the couch to only later be joined by him. He wouldn't talk to you, but would simply sit beside you before resting his arm on the sofa behind you as you leaned into his chest.

Your placed your bowl on the floor before leaning back onto the sofa, shutting your eyes tightly when you didn't feel his embrace beside you. You were completely alone, you wished you were able to sleep at times like this.

You were caught of guard when the sound of your house phone rang. You sat up and reached for it before quickly answering it.

"Hello-"

"Y/N. Its 3am for you right?" It was Michael.

"Michael, stop," You whispered. "We broke up." You sighed as you fell into your couch.

It was the first time you had heard his voice in months. He was touring and the both of you agreed that distancing yourself from each other was the best way to cope with it.

"No, we're on a break. We did not break up," He spoke confidently. "Breaking up would be implying that I no longer loved you and that we were completely done," You could hear the restrain in his voice as he spoke. "But here I am, calling you up at 3am because I know you're sat on that god forsaken couch eating your damn cereal and watching whatever crap is on the tv at this hour," He began to ramble. "And I know you're waiting for the feeling of my arm to wrap around you and hold you tight so you can safely fall back asleep and so I can carry you back upstairs to bed and kiss you goodnight because its such a routinely thing for us." He sighed as you laid yourself down, resting your head on the armrest of the sofa. "I'm calling because I love you, not to break your heart even further." You removed the phone from your ear before pressing the speaker button and resting the phone on your chest.

"I miss you." You sighed, rubbing your eyes as your body began to tire out.

"I miss you too," He whispered. "Go to sleep if you're tired, sweetheart." His voice was quieter than usual.

"I-I'm not tired," You cut yourself off with a yawn, your body slowly giving up on you yet your head was keeping you awake.

"Sure," He laughed softly. "Go get yourself a glass of water that normally helps you sleep." He suggested. You shrugged before slumping off the sofa, holding the phone in your hand and making your way into the kitchen. You pulled a glass from the cupboard before walking to the sink and filling it with water. You placed the phone on the counter as Michael whispered. "Y/N, turn around."

"Why? I'm drinking my water." You pouted slightly but did as he said and turned around.

You gasped as the glass slipped from your hand and fell to the floor, bouncing as it hit the ground.

"Michael?" You ignored the glass as you stared dumbfound at the artificially blue haired boy.

"Hey," He smiled brightly, staring at you as he hung up the phone.

"Jesus christ! Why would you scare me like that?" You raised your voice, a small smile creeping onto your face as you took a step towards him and wrapped your arms around him tightly.

"Wow," He chuckled wrapping his arms around your waist. "No 'thank you for being an awesome boyfriend and taking a 13 hour flight to get back to Australia to see your awesome ungrateful girlfriend' ?" You smiled before pulling back and looking up at him.

"I'm not your girlfriend and you are not my boyfriend, Clifford." You raised an eyebrow before moving your arms up so they wrapped around his neck.

"But I want you you to be my girlfriend, and I want to be your boyfriend again," He leaned down and rested his forehead against yours. "That's if you still want me?" He nuzzled his nose against yours before lifting you up, allowing you to wrap your legs around his waist as he carried you back into the living room.

"Of course I still want you, idiot." You giggled as he set you down on the sofa before sitting beside you.

"Then its settled, girlfriend." He smiled, focusing on the television as he rested his arm on the back of the sofa.

You smiled before leaning into him, resting your head on his chest as his around pulled you in tight.

"I love you." You sighed contently as you eyes began to close.

"I love you too, Y/N." He whispered, placing a kiss at the top of your head as you drifted off to sleep.

*~*~*

this is probably a mess bc i didn't read it over lol
tysm for 55k❤️