We Never Change || m.c.

You stood aside, aggravatingly watching as your boyfriend interacted with the group of girls surrounding him. You took a seat, annoyed that your date had been delayed, or possibly put off altogether, once again because Michael was too polite to say no.

You took out your phone and rang Michael's number and thankfully he took the time to pick up.

"Babe hi-sorry can i just have one second, thanks, sorry- baby I'm so sorry, where are you?" You watched him from afar as he scouted the area, completely oblivious to the girls crowding behind him as he looked for you.

"I was about to go home, but you can stay for a while if you want. You look pretty tied up as it is, I wouldn't want to bother you." You gritted your teeth, rolling your eyes as Michael spotted you, quickly jogging over to you, ignoring the fans he'd left behind.

"Don't be mad, Y/N, I'm sorry." You shook your head and waved it off, noticing the group of fans watching the two of you intently.

"Whatever, its only the third time this week that we've cancelled, but whatever, right?" You smiled, you anger growing as you stood up. "I'm going home."

-

"It's not my fault, Y/N!" He raised his voice as he yelled back at you. "I chose this lifestyle so I'm sorry if you don't like it!"

"I don't care about your lifestyle or getting caught up with your fans Michael! I care about the fact this is the third time this week that you've blown me off!" You couldn't control your temper at this point. "I get that you want to spend time meeting fans because they've done so much for you. But what about me!"

"Why do you constantly seek for my attention?" Michael's voice was almost at its breaking point.

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" You raised your voice right back at him, making sure your voice was overpowering his.

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" Michael flailed his arms to prove his frustration.

"Just shut up!" You yelled at the top of your voice. "Sometimes I wish we hadn't even met!" Your tone was harsh as you spat the words at him, almost immediately regretting opening your mouth in the first place.

Michael stared at you in disbelief, his entire demeanour changing as he shook his head.

"Wait, Mikey I didn't mean th-"

"Whatever." He mumbled, waving you off before shuffling out of the room and up the stairs. You decided on letting him cool down before chasing after him because Michael was never one to rationalise when he was angry.

You regretted the words as soon as you let them slip but you knew Michael would get over it. Your relationship had always consisted of arguments, some little and some kind of big, but it wouldn't be a relationship without arguments right?

You paced the hallway, trying to think of what apology you were going to have to come out with when you went up there. I mean it only started with simple questions as to why he didn't pay enough attention to you, and suddenly it spiralled and you ended up saying things you regretted and now he wasn't speaking to you.

You walked into the kitchen and pulled a tub of cookie dough ice cream from your fridge. You sat your on the island in your kitchen and crossed your legs over one another. You felt sad about what you said, so instead you started cramming your face with ice cream.

The fact it'd been almost and hour now, and Michael was still up there worried you, he was never one to stay angry at you.

You didn't want to give in but you put down your half eaten ice cream tub and found yourself outside your shared bedroom.

You knocked lightly. "Babe," Your voice came out a lot croakier than you thought it would. You coughed to clear your throat and pushed open the door to see that Michael was laying on the bed facing away from you.

"Michael-"

"Can you leave please?" You were taken back but you weren't going to do anything he told you to do.

"I just came to say I'm sorry for what I said." You sighed, nearing the bed where he lay. "I didn't mean for it to slip out-"

"Oh so you did mean it, you just didn't mean to say it out loud?" He sat himself up, frowning as he stared at you waiting for your reply.

You shook your head and took a step closer to him. "You know thats not what I meant." You sat at the corner of the bed, knowing that Michael had his limitations.

"Then what did you mean?" You stayed silent because you didn't really know how to respond to that.

Sometimes there were moments when you wished that you and Michael hadn't met just because it would make certain situations easier, i.e. leaving for a day out and not being swarmed by fans wanting a damn picture with Michael.

"I just... get a little jealous," You muttered, embarrassed to what you were admitting simply because you were so profoundly confident and cocky and to admit something like this to Michael of all people wasn't going to go unnoticed.

Michael shuffled across the bed, sitting himself behind you with his legs crossed. "Jealous of what?" He mumbled back, feeling just as embarrassed to be asking you.

"We can't do anything without a swarm of fans following you, and its frustrating because I just want you for myself." You frowned, frustrated that you were admitting this to him. "You're my boyfriend." You mumbled.

Michael stayed quiet for a second before wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you into his embrace. He nuzzled himself into your neck as you rested your head on his.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I really didn't mean it." Michael ignored your pleas and pressed a short kiss to your neck.

He laid himself back, using his grabby hands to pull you back and into his arms.

"We'll go out tomorrow, no interruptions. I promise." He whispered, pressing a chaste kiss to your forehead. "I love you, I'm sorry for not paying enough attention to you."

"I love you too." You mumbled, nuzzling into his chest as he tightened his grip on you.

*~*~*

this started so well and ended so badly ugh whyYyYy

i v obviously didn't read this over

but its michael finally yay! you'd think i'd write more imagines for him but noooo idk why either bc i'm a michael girl ...........