Speeches || a.i.

Part 2

you immediately regretted your hit and run outburst the moment the fresh air came into contact with your skin.

you tugged at your loosely fitted floor length dress, trying to ease up the minimal leg room you had. you paced momentarily before checking the glass door behind you that you had just exited, to see no one was following you.

you quickly lifted one foot after the other to remove your heels before walking away from the venue in no particular direction.

you knew it was okay to just wander because luckily enough it was still light outside and luke and y/f/n wanted a local wedding so you knew where you were.

after a couple minutes of mindlessly wandering you found a nearby mcdonalds and immediately you entered. you hadn't gotten a chance to eat at the party and you won't have the chance to after that speech.

"i'll have a cheeseburger happy meal with a strawberry milkshake, a mcflurry and an extra side of small fries, please," you quickly recited your usual order and the guy nodded taking it all down before telling you your total before you handed him the note you'd pulled from your purse.

you eventually got your food after a long-ish wait, and took a seat closest to the window as the beach was only across the road.

you watched the colours emitting across the sky as the sun slowly set across the beach.

you noticed an obnoxious amount of couples consuming the beach itself ad they watched the sun set, and all in an instant you found yourself crying again. partially because he was an asshole and partially because you were sat in mcdonalds eating a happy meal alone watching the sunset whilst these couples were sat mindlessly in love as they watched the sun set with a beachfront view.

you began to drown your sorrows in your cheeseburger, no longer caring that there was ketchup smeared around your mouth nor did you care that you had caught the attention of a few bystanders.

"okay, i think you should lay off that cheeseburger, y/n," you sniffled and used the back of your hand to wipe under your nose before looking up to see him.

"happy meal, strawberry milkshake, mcflurry and an extra side of fries please," you smiled as ashton recited your order perfectly.

"what would you like in the happy meal, sir?"

"cheeseburger." you blushed, almost embarrassed that you came here enough times for him to know your order by heart.

after splitting the money towards your large orders of food - on both parts - you took the ticket and waited for your food to be prepared.

ashton wrapped his arms around your waist, allowing you to relax into his chest as he rested his chin on top of your head.

"some guys might find your big ass appetite off putting," he mumbled and you blushed again. "maybe even disturbing," you rolled your eyes and hit at his arm lightly. "not to mention you pick at my food once you've eaten your own," you gasped and turned around, pushing at him.

"shut up." you mumbled but ashton just chuckled before gripping onto your forearms and pulling you back into his embrace, moving his arms around you tightly.

"i'm kidding, baby," he smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "well, i wasn't kidding about the size of your order," he giggled.

you mumbled quickly. "i hate you."

"no you don't." he smiled before moving his hands so they were cupping your cheeks and tilting your head upwards so you were looking at him now.