Frat || m.c.

You sauntered through the library with your books hanging in your arms as you reached your usual isle. There was a small section in the back of the library where all the vandalised books were kept on one big shelf and you liked to think you adopted it as your own because it was the best place for you to be alone and work.

Michael had made sure to text you earlier, reminding you of his football game tonight and how he wanted you there as his lucky mascot and you were still trying to decide whether you should go or not. You had an English quiz in a couple days and you wanted to be totally prepared, but you also wanted to support your boyfriend.

He was always supportive of anything you did that had any sort of importance to you, and you always did the same for him but this English quiz wasn't something you wanted to fail.

"Y/N, I found that novel, Mr Daniels, wanted you to read." You looked up at Y/F/N as she came into your corner, taking a seat on the floor beside you, generally because there was nowhere else to sit.

"Thanks." You mumbled, taking the book and placing it on your growing pile. You were too distracted to care about the book or the conversation or anything. "Hey, Y/F/N, if I didn't go to the game tonight that I'd be a bad girlfriend?" You questioned, turning to face her as you lifted your pen to your mouth and chewed subconsciously.

"What?" She laughed, her eyebrows furrowed tightly together.

You sighed, trying to keep your voice low. "Michael wants me at his game tonight, but I have this English quiz and I mean, It's not like we're publicly together-" You paused and took a deep breath, still pretty confused to why Michael didn't want to tell his friends or anyone about you. "-for whatever reason. So my question is, should I go?" Y/F/N swatted at your hand causing you to pull the pen out of your mouth.

"I don't know why you bother with him, honestly. You said it yourself, he's ashamed to be seen with you. Why would you want to be dating someone who's-"

"Ashamed? Do you really think he's ashamed to be seen with me?" You mumbled halfheartedly because to think of that being a possibility really hurt that he would care that much about his dumb fraternity and it hurt that your friend would think like that either.

"Well I mean, no, I didn't mean for that to come out like that- Y/N, wait, I'm sorry," She muttered quickly but you had already packed up your books and began walking away, waving her off.

-

You decided going to the game was the better option as you convinced yourself that you couldn't spend your life missing out on opportunities like this because of quizzes. And you felt a little better when you bought yourself cheese drowned nachos.

You'd sat yourself pretty near the bottom of the bleachers so you could be closer to the field and see better as you didn't want to embarrass Michael any further by wearing your glasses. You watched various players warming up, one of them you recognised to be Calum Hood, another infamous fratboy, and seated on the bench you saw Luke Hemmings with his arm slung round a cheerleader. You sighed and carried on eating your nachos when you spotted Y/F/N walking up the steps and inevitably taking a seat beside you.

"I'm sorry about earlier, it all came out wrong." You shook your head and offered her your nachos which she accepted.

"Shut up, I'm over it." You faced her and smiled which she returned and the two of you turned your attention to the field.

You noticed Michael had gotten from the bench and started warming up. He lifted himself up and stretched his arms up in the air as he scouted the bleachers, a frown stuck on his face. Quickly enough he found you in the crowd and a smile emitted onto his lips before shooting you a quick wink.