Chapter 57

**the next morning**

Althea's POV:

My eyes fluttered slowly as they were greeted by the bright ceiling lights. I flipped over from the position I had fallen asleep in and saw that Hayes wasn't in the room. I'm guessing he had left earlier or something but it was okay with me. My body still felt so sore and so tired from everything that had happened yesterday. But another part of me was relived that everything was going to be okay. It occurred to me that I had to talk to my mom sooner or later. Andrea told me that she had already talked to my mom but I knew my mom well enough to know that she would clearly like to hear what I had to say. But before I picked up the phone i realized that I still hadn't gotten that writing piece for the contest my mom had told me about for the college scholarship.

But how would I go to college while I took care of a baby?

I felt this thought hit me. Like my whole mood was flipped upside down and my stomach inside out. Where I didn't know if was breathing or choking. I sighed. I was about to pick up the phone to call my mom but then an idea hit me. For a writing piece.
Something that would hopefully get me accepted.
Something that would explain it all.
Something that would catch the editors eyes and think "this. This is the writing piece we want"
Something that would just make all my goals finally happen.

Something that would explain everything.

So I picked up a pen and a spare piece of paper laying around, and just wrote.
Wrote in silence.
Where the words would slip from my fingertips not from my mouth
And Land on the paper.

Hayes's POV:

I called Jeff around 6 am, I didn't sleep much last night either. Half the night I would be watching over Althea and the baby. I just wanted her to be okay. I wanted the baby to be okay. I just wanted everything to be fine.

I called him because I wanted to get a change of clothes and I talked to Andrea and asked her to make that cake she was talking about before. Jeff wasn't so happy that I had called him at 6 just for a ride home but he picked me up from the hospital anyway.

I spent a couple hours just sleeping in my own bed. Trying to sink in the thought that once that baby was born...I would probably never have a straight sleeping schedule ever again. I rested my head on the cold pillow as my whole body was devoured by the heavy blanket. It felt like I was floating and I could hear nothing. Nothing except the ringing of silence and the whispers of the wind.

I woke up around 10 am, finally got the change of clothes and went downstairs.

Everyone was huddled around the kitchen, watching Andrea put the finishing touches on the cake she had made. The cake was like any other cake. A brown creamy chocolate with the words "congratulations on the baby Althayes!" In red frosting. Althayes was a combination of mine and Althea's name together, people started calling us althayes even around the age of 13. It never really bothered me or Althea.

"Should we go now?" Andrea asked
"Go where?" Jen replied as she dipped her finger in some of the frosting and licking it off.
"To the hospital to visit Althea."
"She's coming back today, you know that right?" Jeff sarcastically slurred at Andrea
"Of course I know that you dumb ass, but hey, I mean, none of us really stayed with her last night besides Hayes."
Everyone for quiet for a moment, exchanged looks and nodded.
"Well let's go then" I said. And I walked out of the house, tossing Jeff his keys and they all followed.

Althea's POV:

I finished the writing piece a couple hours ago. It was a constant loop of scratching and crossing out words, replacing sentences and constant re-writing. I tried my best to do everything. And when I finally finished, I literally felt an entire boulder of weight lift off from my shoulders and into the heavens. I put the piece of paper into my pocket and let my fingers play a little beat on the table beside me, while i debated on calling my mom. After a while I stopped being a wuss and just called her.
"Hello?" Her soft voice said through the phone
"Mom, hey, I finished the writing piece for the contest that you told me about"
"Really? That's great! Send it to me whenever you can okay?"
"Okay,"
"How you doing sweetheart?"
"I'm fine."
"And the baby?"
"The baby's fine also."
"Andrea told me what had happened"
"Yeah well, fans you know? It's okay though. The security guards took care of the fans and Hayes and them took care of me and brought me to the hospital. So, it's all good"
"I'm glad To hear that"
A wind of silence blew into our conversation. I heard faint little sounds in the background like she was probably standing by the stove and cooking something like she would usually be doing if she wasn't out for work.
"Um...mom?"
"Yes?"
"Let's just say, what if i did win the scholarship? How would I go to college and take care of the baby at the same time"
She didn't speak.
I had a feeling this would happen, just like in those typical movies of teenage moms in high school.
She took a deep sigh. "Well, me, being the wonderful mother that i am...I'll help you out whenever I can with the baby"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes"
"Not kidding?"
"I'm not kidding"
"Alright. Thank you mom," just then hayes, Jeff, and everyone else came through the door with bright faces that made my day better. "I better go now mom, company. I love you"
"I love you too. Goodbye" and we hung up.
I put down the phone and everyone swarmed me around the bed like they were moths. Andrea had a cake and she handed it to me.
"Congratulations on the baby althayes!" I read out loud as I giggled
Andrea laughed. "What? The typical 13 year old middle school romance" I laughed.

"What're you guys doing here?" I asked as I put down the cake gently to the table beside me.
"We wanted to pay you a little visit before you came home" Anna said
"Yeah, and, this is my first time giving someone who was in the hospital a cake. So feel special" Andrea said in a sassy and playful tone.
"The baby isn't even born yet" I said
Everyone got quiet and I'm not sure why.
"What are you going to name it?" Chandler said. I realized I haven't seen chandler in a while and he was bit behind on everything.
"Not sure yet"
"Yeah. Hayes and I our fighting on either Jeff junior or Hayes junior" Jeff joked and everyone laughed.

After that Jeff had gotten a knife to cut the cake for everyone and we spent that period of time just talking like we would usually do every other day. After that Andrea had helped me grab all my stuff so we all could go home. I had trouble walking a bit considering Dr Rowell made me widen my legs a bit so she could look up my ....you know what so I don't think you need a description.

*
When we got home I immediately went upstairs to mine and hayes's room. Everyone was off doing their own thing while I climbed into the comfortable bed. I had been laying in an uncomfortable bed that probably several dozen other patients had slept in. I think i deserved this comfortable bed.

My eyes were closed when I heard faint footsteps come into the room, the person had sat on the side of bed from me and was playing lightly with my hair.
"How you feeling?" Hayes said. I could tell it was his voice so quickly.
"My vagina hurts" I blurted out and he laughed loudly while he held onto his sides. "Well I think you should get use to it"
"Use to what? My vagina hurting?"
"Yeah I mean because-no wait. I don't mean- I-what I meant was,"
I laughed. Hayes cheeks were red as he flipped his brown shaggy hair away from his eyes, revealing his stupid smile even more. "What I meant was, that day the baby is born you're gonna-"
"I know." I blurted out.
He stared at me for a moment. No expression. Like all his emotions were caged into his eyes. I flipped over to my side so my back was facing him.
"I didn't mean it in a bad way" Hayes said as he made his way beside me even more and laid down next to me. I could feel his warm breathing on my neck even though he was at a distance.
"I know."
"Then why do you seem mad?" Hayes asked, I could practically hear the confusion locked into his words
"I'm not. Like I said, my vagina hurts. I guess I'm just a bit cranky and in pain at the moment." Hayes got quiet and so did the room. Like I could hear his thoughts swirling around In the silence of the room.

"I'll make the pain go away" Hayes said.
"How would you do that? What are you? My fairy god mother?"
Hayes laughed. He pulled me closer to him and now I could feel his extremely hot breathing traveling against my skin. Even though my back was faced to him I could feel his smile through his hot breath.

"Love makes pain go away doesn't it?"
"Well. Not really. I mean, I guess. Sometimes but-"
"I love you." Hayes said
and it was one of those times where I didn't know what to reply because my tongue had gotten tongue tied at the last second.

"I love you too."

--------------------------------
A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've just been busy this weekend but I promise tomorrow, I'll go back to regular updating. I'm also sorry if the chapters are boring? LOL yeah I know the story is sort of dialing down...but everything I put into the chapters says something about the ending. **hint hint**😏😂what do you guys think? So I'm sorry if it's boring. I'm trying to make it as interesting as I can. I'm also trying to figure out how to tie all my ideas together for chapters so they can all lead to the ending of this book. So yes, forgive me ❤️😂😊💕