Chapter 47

After a while, I didn't know what was happening. It was beer after beer after beer. Letting a non stop amount sliding down our throats. Everything looked like a blur, like I was looking through a fishbowl filled with water. I didn't know if I was drunk or just going insane.

Everyone was laughing and stumbling for no apparent reason. My eyes were hurting and I could feel the beer clogging up my throat.

"GUYS! I HAVE A CRAZY IDEA!" Gilinsky said as he got up from his spot and fell back one time, which caused uncle Philip to laugh. Uncle Philip looked drunk also. His eyes looking more heavy and he moved so slowly and he couldn't wipe the giddy smile off of his face. Like it was drawn on him with permanent marker.

"LETS PLAY HIDE AND GO SEEK!" He mumbled loudly and everyone continued laughing at him. I didn't drink a lot, but I drank enough to cause my extreme fatigue and my brain felt like it was pounding against my skull. Hayes didn't drink a lot also, actually, I didn't even know how much he actually drank.

"Gilinsky, are you fucking serious?" Carter asked, his voice was raspy and he sounded exhausted also. He moved his hands around a bit in mid air slowly.

"HELL YEAH!" Chandler exclaimed like he was a 7 year old at a birthday party who got offered the first slice of cake. Next thing I knew everyone was sprinting into opposite directions into the darkness and all you could see was the light from the fire beaming through the night sky. "IM IT" Johnson yelled as he punched gilinsky in the back which caused him to stumble again.

I just ran. I didn't know where I was going. Letting my legs take me where ever they wanted to go. Like I was a bee in a garden of flowers, fleeing to each one like it was a treasure. After a while I stopped running, my legs felt like I was about to collapse. My breathing had gotten faster and heavier as I panted. My throat still felt clogged with beer. I had ran deeper into the woods that was near uncle Philip's cabin. I opened my eyes and felt like the whole world was spinning. Faint patches of colors were all I could see through the night sky. My body was ready to fall and I couldn't stop it. I let my body do what it wanted to do and I started collapsing.

But as my body was ready to timber I felt 2 arms catch me, my eyes were tired so all I could see was a little sliver of the person.

"Althea?" The voice said. It was raspy and tired. Like he had just drank some beer...

Hayes.

Hayes's POV:

I didn't drink a lot. But I didn't drink any less either if that made sense. I wasn't full on drunk. All I experienced was light headed and I felt tired. When gilinsky yelled that he wanted to play hide and seek I didn't bother arguing. They were all drunk so what would I have to argue for?

I just ran into the woods and didn't bother looking back. As I ran I felt the whole world spinning and at some point I didn't know where to turn or when to stop running. So I just fled off running like i was being chased.

I stopped to catch my breathe when I saw a body leaning against a tree with their eyes shut. I got a closer look and saw it was Althea.

"Althea?" I said. She had let her body collapse and I wasn't going to let her fall on the ground.

"Hayes?" She mumbled as her eyes were shut tight. I held her body close to mine and she felt warm. But the weather outside was the complete opposite of warm and hot. It was practically freezing by now.

"Althea, I think you had too much to drink" I joked letting out a small giggle.

"No I didn't. I can still talk to you clearly can't i?"

"That's true"

"Exactly. So shut up Grier"

"I think we should take you back to the tents now and get some rest"

"I don't want to walk. I'm dizzy and my head feels like the devil is living inside of it. And he's not very happy at the moment"

"I'll carry you. Don't worry" I said.

She nodded her head lightly and rested her head against my body, I carried her bridal style back to uncle Philip's place.

I saw some people jumping off the piers and stripping down to nothing. Bare naked. I laughed. Mostly all the guys were jumping into the water, fleeing out and then jumping back in again. I saw that the girls were getting into tents, probably all heading to bed by now. I was glad I wasn't the only one who just wanted to get some rest rather than to go skinny dipping in water that was probably as cold as Antarctica. But, it did sound like something I would want to do. Something that would be on my bucket list.

I slipped into one of the tents that were empty and laid Althea onto one of the air beds. Her eyes were still shut tight but I knew she wasn't asleep.

"WOOOOO!" Someone yelled from outside, I'm guessing it was Nash. But I wasn't quite sure. All I was sure of was that he was probably already naked. I laughed.

"What?" Althea asked, as she looked up from me. She looked alive but dying at the same time. I mean, it was freezing cold in the tent also. Her lips were turning pale and she had goosebumps.

"Oh nothing" I said as I got one of the blankets at the other side of the tent and covered her with it. I saw a breath of relief leave her mouth quickly. She snuggled beneath the blanket more and she looked better now.

"No really tell me"

"Get some rest. You're just hungover"

"I'm not hung over. I'm probably just insane"

"No. If you were insane you would be skinny dipping on the pier like some of them"

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all" she said. I didn't speak for a moment, I was debating on what to say. I didn't want her to freeze nor get hurt. Butttttttt... On the other hand,

I wouldn't mind seeing her practically naked in water again.

"Look, you're going to get hurt. Just stay here in the tent"

"Fine...but Hayes...?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"For caring so much that you're practically freezing right now." She was right, I was freezing. I was wearing basketball shorts and a tank. Any minute now my limbs were ready to fall off.

Again, I didn't know what to say. So instead, I didn't say anything at all. I just moved closer to her giving her gentle kisses on her lips and suddenly I felt my whole body warm up. Like it was burning heat and we were just floating there. Not having a problem at all.

The kiss started getting more intense and I started pressing my body against her and the kiss lasted longer than the last time we kissed. Next thing I knew, I was on top of her gently gliding my hands to her sides and waist and her arms were draped over my shoulders. I felt bad that I was practically putting my weight all over her but she didn't seem to mind. She gave me a smile in between kisses.

"Althea, you're drunk you know that right?"

"Hayes, for the last time. I'm not"

"Oh really? Then prove it." I said,

"How?" She said as she pulled away from my body. I thought at first, I didn't know what to reply. But then I thought and thought of what I wanted to do most.

I wanted to run my fingers down her body and make her flinch, I wanted to kiss her more and more and not let our lips pull apart. I just wanted to be with her all night. A night that wouldn't be forgetful.

I wanted "to be continued."

I smiled at her, my cheeks felt warm. Not sure if it was from the kiss or embarrassment. She looked at me with question plastered onto her face.

"To be continued" I Said to her, reminding her of what she had told me before.

She laughed and smiled at me.

"Round 2?" She said smirking at me along with a laugh.

"Let the games begin" I said, as I leaned in more, for her lips against mine.