Chapter 53

I think I left off with a confusing cliffhanger LOL so I wanted to just do a quick little update to make it more clear. Thank you for 7.7k+ reads! I'll update again tomorrow 😊
-----------------------------

Hayes's POV:'

No.
No.
I'm not ready for this.
I can't be a father.
What if I'm not the father?

Althea's POV:
He just looked so confused, his eyes looked like he was ready to cry and I'm not even sure why. He looked angry, but confused. So lost and so worried.
"But I'm not the father" Hayes said.
My eyes went wide for a moment, "what the hell do you mean?"
"What if some other guy is the father?"
"Hayes you can't be serious" I said rolling my eyes. What was he trying to say here? That I'm a slut? That I cheated on him?
"But really though, what if dj is the father?! Huh!?" He yelled, this time he stood up from the bed and faced the wall hitting it a couple times.
"Hayes, dj isn't the-"
"OH REALLY?! Don't you remember that night you came back from that little 'walk' where you supposedly saw dj? Hmm?"
I scoffed and laughed, "that was literally weeks ago"
"So?"
"Hayes...what are you trying to say?"
He got quiet for a moment. Unsure of what to do or say next. He looked around the room as if he was looking for an excuse or an answer. He sighed. "What I'm trying to say Is, until were 100% sure I'm the father...I think maybe...I just need some time."
"Some time?"
"Were not sure if I'm the father or not so-"
"YEAH OKAY. BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE?!"
"What?"
"AN ASSHOLE THATS WHAT. NOW GET OUT!" I yelled. Hayes looked at me, his face and eyes looked more awake, I'm pretty sure my voice woke up the entire house. Hayes hesitated for a moment to move or even say anything but after he left the room. Looking as if he had no clue what had just gone on.

Hayes's POV
No.
Why.
What the fuck did I just do?
Did I just mess up?
Did I screw up my entire life?

I didn't mean for this to happen, I didn't mean anything I said. I don't know if it's just the thought that dj could have done something. Or the thought that I would actually be a father of a child.

The minute she yelled at me to get out of the room I knew I had messed up. I knew how sorry I was. How I wish I could just press an undo button. I know I said that I'm not the father... But maybe it was just fear and nervousness taking over me.

I'm the one who forgot to use a condom

I'm the one who got caught in the moment

I'm the one who's going to help raise a child...that is, if she ever forgives me after what had just happened.