Chapter 58

Hayes and I just laid there. Sometimes staring up at the roof or staring at each other. It was one of those quiet but comfortable silences.
"Guys!" Chandler came in storming through the door as if he was about to be murdered. Hayes let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah?" He said. "Uncle. Philip. Is. coming. Over. For. Dinner. Tonight." Chandler panted while he tried to catch his breath. Hayes looked at me as if he was waiting for my answer to what chandler just told us. "Oh. Okay. But we haven't really gotten anything cooked for hi-" "yeah, don't worry about it. Andrea, Jen, Anna are going to cook something up for him. And Jeff and Maria went out earlier with Mae and jake for dinner already, raf had to go meet up with his producer or something. Apparently something came up. so it's just us" "alright. You can get out now" Hayes said which caused me to let out a quiet laugh to myself
"Sorry if I interrupted anything" chandler smirked at us before he left the doorway. "Now where were we?" Hayes said as he looked back over to me and leaned in to peck me on the lips with his. I placed my finger on top of his lips. "We were just about to go downstairs to help the girls and Jeff and chandler get ready for uncle Philip to come over for dinner" I laughed as I got up from the bed and pulled myself away from Hayes. Hayes rolled his eyes at me jokingly and laughed. I was at the doorway when he threw a pillow at me and laughed at me even more. I spun around and stuck my tongue out at him before I dashed down the stairs to the kitchen.

The kitchen was already busy. Andrea was practically spinning around the kitchen like she was lightning going from dish to dish. So many in completed meals that were being cooked in front of me. The only thing that I saw clearly was the mashed potatoes that Jen was violently mashing. Jeff and chandler were cleaning up most of the house. It was the first time I've ever seen them pick up a dust pan or anything that would help keep the house clean.
"Andrea, maybe I can help you or-"
"No, you just got out of the hospital" Andrea purred at me.
"Yeah, I know. But I think I should help also and-"
"Althea. It's fine, really. We can handle this. Don't you got anything else you can do? And I say this because I care." Andrea said again. I don't understand why people like to cut me off every time I'm in the middle of a sentence. I thought for a moment of what Andrea had said and realized I did have something else to do. I still had to email the writing piece to my mom for the college scholarship.
"Oh yeah. Um. Right" I mumbled as I turned around. "You okay?" Chandler asked me as he swiped the floor with a broom. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little dizzy I guess. Pregnancy thing you know?" I joked and they laughed. Not even looking up from what they were doing. "Andrea, is it okay if I use the computer in your room?" "Yeah. Of course" so I decided I would get of their way and just do what I needed to do.

I went to Andreas room to use her iMac. I typed up the writing piece I wrote. The whole time I was typing the words it felt like I knew them so well already. Like all the words were printed perfectly in my brain in bold letters. That typing them on the computer was just a quick breeze. After I typed it I sent it to my mom.

*

I realized how late it was already. The day seemed to go by really fast. Just this morning I was in the hospital and now I'm back home and uncle Philip was coming over. The time was 7 pm when Andrea popped her head into the room I was in and told me I should get ready for when uncle Philip came over. So I did what she told me. I went to the bathroom and took a warm shower. After that I got dressed in something comfortable but eye catching, but appropriate. I was a mother now, I didn't need to wear stuff that I wouldn't want my daughter or son to see me in.

I went downstairs and the minute I got to the last step of the stairs the doorbell went off. Jeff, chandler and Hayes ran to it with bright smiles as they pushed each other to the side so one of them could open the door. They were like little puppies who's owner had just gotten home and were eager to see him. Eventually chandler won and he twisted the door knob. Uncle Philip came through the door with his usual bright (and the whitest teeth I've ever
Seen) smile. He wore a white polo and black jeans. He seemed in his best mood as possible. "Uncle Philip!" We all called, as we all joined into a group hug. After the group hug he started hugging everyone one by one and greeting them in his own little way. He hugged everyone and chandler and I were the last 2 he had gotten to. "You still haven't gotten that haircut?" Uncle Philip joked to chandler, everyone laughed. Then uncle Philip came over to me. "Ah, my little writer. How's it going?" He said as he pulled me into a tight hug. A really, really, tight hug. That I could barely catch my breath. "I'm doing great and oops, careful with the tight grip...um...there's a baby in there" I said and I felt like an idiot.

There's a baby in there?

Seriously? Out of all the words I could possibly use and say. I happened to use. There's a baby in there? Someone choke me.

Uncle Philip's eyes went wide like they popped out of his head. "Baby?! Really?!" He said excitedly and he flashed me with his bright white smile that was growing on his face. Everyone laughed, especially me. "Yes" I said with an awkward smile. "Congratulations!" He said "thank you." "Who's the father?" Uncle Philip asked.
Hayes came over and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and tilted his head a bit to uncle Philip to make it more obvious. "I knew you two had a thing!" He blurted out which caused everyone to go into a serious loop of laughter.

"What are you two going to name it?" Uncle Philip asked. The same question everyone else asked us. "Were not sure yet" Hayes said
"You should consider Philip junior" uncle Philip said as he gave Hayes a little punch in the shoulder as he walked passed us and into the kitchen with Anna, Andrea, chandler and Jen. Hayes, Jeff and I laughed to ourselves as we followed them to the kitchen.

We all sat around the table and let the conversation seem to do its thing. Different topics came up such as colleges and futures which made a pit form into my stomach and made me lose my appetite at times. And sometimes the topic of football and other basketball games came up and I didn't pay attention.

My mind was caught on the topic of colleges and futures.

Hayes's POV:

We were all enjoying the dinner that Andrea, Jen and Anna made. It's been a long time since we all sat down and actually had a good meal together like a family. Things have just been so busy lately. Jeff was in the middle of a sentence talking to uncle Philip when all of a sudden my phone was ringing. I checked it and saw it was Nash. I didn't want to hit decline because 1) what if it was something important and 2) he's my brother so. "Excuse me" I said as I got up from the table excusing myself politely away from everybody else. I went into the living room to give myself some distance from the kitchen table.
"Hello?" I said
"Hayes" Nash's voice poured through the phone
"Yeah, what's up?"
"Dad told me about a tour for 26MGMT and Taylor wanted us to go for a couple magcon tours as well."
"Really?? That's great!" I yelled.
"Yeah. So are you up for it?"
"Yeah!"
"Great. But one problem."
"What is it?"
"The tour lasts for 2 years. That's including magcon also."
"Wait... 2 years? How is that even possible?"
"Well. Dad already planned where we would be going every month. And instead of having to go to one place every once a month that we'd be going to 2 places every month. And apparently it's been a long time thing that dad had planned and he wanted to start it this year"

Wait.

2 years.

2 years away from Althea...

2 years away from the baby...

I Can't...

No...