Chapter 18

Hayes's POV:

Jeff and Andrea and I planned it. Jeff and I were talking about my "feelings" for Althea and Andrea happened to pass by and heard us. So Andrea and Jeff both thought it would be nice if I did something that Althea would think was "cute".

I changed into my red basketball shorts and a black Tshirt in the spare bedroom Jeff and I shared. We weren't even staying overnight and I called it ours.
"I don't think she found it cute" I said to Jeff, as he started packing his stuff for our drive back home. It was already 6 pm.
"Dude, are you serious? Did you see her face? She loved it on the inside"
He said. Not even looking up from his bag,
"I guess..." I said quietly. Even if she didn't like it, I liked it. I liked being able to hold her like that, especially bridal style. I liked it when she looked mad half the time, I liked her sarcasm. I just liked everything about her. I liked having her on my back for a piggy back ride and being able to grab her legs and give them a gentle squeeze and..

That sounded sexual.

Grab her legs..
And give them a gentle squeeze..

I slipped my hand into my back pocket of my shorts and found the condom Jeff had given to me, and stared at it for a moment.

I didn't need this,

I wouldn't need it.

Because it won't ever happen.

Or maybe..

I'll keep it just in case..

Althea's POV:

It was 7 pm and we were about to leave for the drive back home. "Thank you for having us uncle Philip, nice place you got here" I said, even if he wasn't my uncle. This whole place seemed like his own little place, he even owned a bait shop by the lake.
"Why thank you Althea, and I'm glad you guys had a good time. Let me know if you guys ever need another favor" he said back to us,
"I'll see you next time uncle Philip" Anna said to him as she waved goodbye,
He waved goodbye as well as he walked back into his little cabin. He seemed so lonely. It actually broke my heart to see him lonely, like it was an anchor weighing down my heart.

We all sat in the same spots as when we drove here, with the bags still in the back. Jeff put the keys in and started the car

But it wouldn't start.

It sent a little engine sound at the start but it wouldn't budge, it seemed dead.

"Um guys.. I think we got a problem" Jeff said. We all sighed really loud and heavy.
"I'll go get uncle Philip" Anna said, as she unbuckled her seatbelt and ran over to the cabin quickly. A few moments later Anna came out with uncle Philip.

"So what's wrong?" Uncle Philip asked as he looked at Jeff,
"I don't know sir, this never happened before" Jeff replied.
Uncle Philip scanned the car, both the outside and the inside. When he came upon the steering wheel he spoke.

"There's no gas son" uncle Philip said.
"Jeff! I thought you said you filled the tank?!"
"No I never said that."
"But you-"
"I said this baby could go 50 miles even without gas.. Guess I was wrong" Jeff said as he looked down. We all let out a even bigger sigh.

"Well what are we going to do?" Andrea asked,
"Y'all can stay here for the night. Like I said, there's 2 spare bedrooms. And I can't help y'all get gas tomorrow morning" uncle Philip said.
"Are you sure it's okay sir?" I asked, the sun was setting. And we were all exhausted.
"It's fine with me. I have no problem with company" he said to all of us, as he flashed a big smile.

So we got out the car, got our bags and walked back to the cabin.