Chapter 52

Althea's POV:
I fell asleep, probably for half an hour or more. But I don't exactly know because when I woke up I felt nauseous, like I had just gotten off one of the rides at the fair that I had ridden a thousand times. The pounding was caught in my ears. I didn't know what to do, all I know is I felt sick and dizzy. I leaned over the bed to the side and ended up vomiting all over the floor. Which caught me by surprise because I didn't even eat a lot earlier.

Hayes's POV:

Jeff and I drove Nash and the guys back to the airport. We said our goodbyes and they were off, I wasn't that sad because i knew I would see them again. Sooner or later, probably for another meet and greet or so. When Jeff and I got back everyone else was at the table devouring multiple slices of pizza.

"So hayes, when are you going to see Nash aga-" chandler was about to finish his sentence when,
"ANDREA!!" Althea yelled from upstairs. Her yell echoed throughout the entire house and caused everyone to jump out of their seat.
"Althea?!" Andrea yelled back as she got up from her seat and started sprinting up the stairs. I got up also from my seat ready to run upstairs when Anna stopped me.
"No Hayes, just wait. It's a girl thing"

What girl thing?
My girlfriend sounded like she was being murdered, is that a girl thing?

Althea's POV:

I felt awful, and the bedroom floor looked even worse. My head was faced down when the girls came running through the door and shutting it behind them.
"Althea! Are you okay?!" Jen, Anna, Mae and Maria said in sync.
"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just-"
"Althea, you'll be okay. It's just a regular pregnancy thing" Andrea said and once she said that I knew the jig was up. All the girls knew now as well.
"YOURE PREGNANT?!" Anna yelled, which sounded more like excited squealing.
"Hush! Don't be so loud...I haven't told Hayes yet..." I mumbled
"Okay, now that you all know she's pregnant you cannot tell hayes. Not just yet, it's between Althea and hayes. Not us and Hayes, she'll tell him when she's ready," Andrea said taking charge "Althea, you should take a shower and let us clean this whole mess up"
"I am the mess aren't i?" I said and they laughed, it felt nice to laugh. I hated how it felt like they were spoiling me, especially Andrea.

I managed to get out of bed, grab a towel and get to the bathroom unseen by Hayes and the other guys. I smelt like vomit and it was disgusting. I stripped down to nothing and got into the shower. Letting the hot water wash away my thoughts.

*

When I got out of the shower I felt better than ever, sure I still felt a bit dizzy and hormones were flying everywhere, but hey. At least I didn't smell like vomit anymore.

I walked back to Andreas room and saw that they had cleaned up the whole floor and had sprayed the air with air freshener which smelled like light vanilla. It made my head more dizzy to be honest but it was better than the smell of vomit clogging up the air.
"I'm sorry about...you know, puking all over the floor" I said shyly towards Andrea.
"No big deal, you're pregnant and you can't control it." She smiled at me. I got beneath the covers of her bed and lay there for a moment as the girls watched me. They all took a seat around the bed and stared up at me.
"How's the baby doing?" Anna said quietly but smiled widely at me. I let out a small laugh, because I didn't know how the baby was doing. It hasn't even been a month yet, I haven't had my first ultrasound yet. "It's doing okay" I lied. I didn't know the Answer.
"Do you know what you're gonna name it?" Jen whispered.
"No, not really. The thought never occurred to me just yet. I'm sure I'll have a name once the time comes"
They all smiled at me, Andrea touched my arm and looked me directly into the eyes. "Get some rest, we'll bring you some food or water later if you need some"
"Alright, thank you" I whispered as I turned to my side. The girls got up and left, I heard the door shut behind them and suddenly I was alone in the dark. It was late, i didn't know what time it was. But I liked being in the dark, like it was eating my thoughts away and taking away all the things I didn't want to think about nor feel.

*

I fell asleep for a while again and for some weird reason I woke up in the same position I had fallen asleep in, like I had been sleeping for a thousand years but I just didn't know it. It looked around 10 pm. I just laid there sitting in the dark when I heard the door quietly open, the hinges squeaking and the light from the hallway brightening up the room.

"Andrea, it's okay, I don't need any-" I said as I turned around to face the door. But it wasn't Andrea.

It was Hayes.

He looked at me, scanning my every movement. He didn't say anything, he just closed the door behind him and came towards the bed and sat at the edge, never pulling away from the gaze.

"How are you feeling?" Hayes asked. At first, I felt a pit in my stomach form because It sounded like he knew, like one of the girls gave in and told him.
"I'm fine."
"Andrea told me what happened"
"She did?" At first I didn't know what took over my body, anger or nervousness. I tensed up.
"Yeah, she told me how you threw up" a sigh of relief escaped my mouth and body relaxed again,
"Yeah well...it happens"
"Althea, are you hiding something from me?" He asked, he moved closer to me and at that moment I didn't want to talk about it. He was so close to me and all i wanted to do was pull him towards me and hold him. To cry into his shoulder and have him tell me it'll be okay. To feel his arms wrap around me and be able to look into his eyes and know exactly what's he's thinking.
"Hayes, I'm...I'm not, what makes you think that?"
"You're lying. I can tell from the way you look at me. Since this morning you've been looking at me the same way." His voice got louder and more tensed, he still had the same look of worry on his face but his voice was far different. Like he wanted to punch the wall.
"Hayes Im not..." I looked away from him. Because I felt like if he looked into my eyes he would know something was up. Like guilt was traveling every part of my body.

"Althea...if you can't be able to trust me now...then how will you be able to trust me when we get married?,"
I felt a lump form into my throat and I didn't move. Like his words had froze my entire body and that was that.
"Maybe we should end the wedding until we can-"

"Hayes Im pregnant"

He scanned me head to toe, his face forced with confusion. And unsure ness of what to do next, to scream or to run away. It was like he was a lost 7 year old who lost his mother in the supermarket.

"But I'm not the father." Hayes said.