Chapter 35

**around 7:30 pm**

Hayes's POV:

I had a plan.
The perfect plan.

I left Althea's little party early because I wanted to get everything ready. The guys made an excuse as well. I didn't know what excuse they used, but they told me they would handle it themselves. I wanted to make it her most memorable birthday ever. Around 7:30 I was at the park already, sitting at one of the benches. The guys hid behind some of the trees and around he structures. My plan needed some help... A lot actually,

If I wanted to make it memorable.

Althea's POV:

I took a nice shower and slipped on the red dress and put on some black flats. Andrea curled my hair, just like it was at the Christmas party years ago. Every time I thought about it, it actually made me laugh. To think, I was there...and now I'm here. Just like That. It's funny how we never really realize how fast time goes by until everything feels like it's fast forwarding non stop.

Anything could happen.

And we never know when 'the end' will actually happen in our lives.

Andrea was finishing up curling my hair and Anna, Jen, Mae and Maria watched from the bed. Looking up several time from their phones to actually look at Andrea and I.
"Finished!" Andrea called happily, like I was her finished 'master piece' work of art.
"Can we go now?" I asked giggly as they started taking some pictures of me from their phones.

"Fine fine. But we are NOT walking" Anna called,
I rolled my eyes "are you serious? The park is literally 5-10 minutes away."
"So? NOTHING should ruin this night. And who knows what could happen while were walking? Car comes by and splashes mud all over your dress? You trip and fall and get hurt? Or worse, ruin your dress?" Anna said in her sassy voice.
We all laughed, "tonight...we're your fairy god mothers" Andrea and Anna said as they embraced each other sticking their tongue out at me which caused us all to laugh again.
"Well how are we gonna get there?" I asked,
"Easy. I rented another van for tomorrow for when we got to uncle Philips, and the van arrived today instead when you were in the shower" Anna said as she started pushing me towards the stairs and out the front door,
"Do you think it's okay if we-?"
"Yes, it's fine if we use it. I mean, it's 5 minutes away right?" She said mockingly at me as we all piled in the van.

Andrea was in the drivers seat, i Sat in the passenger's seat because they all agreed and said it was 'my night' and Jen, Mae and Maria sat in the back seats.

The ride was short and quick and the conversation was nonstop. But every minute I felt my heart what faster and my palms slightly starting to sweat from nervousness. For some reason, I felt my stomach tightening and I felt like my mind was scattered everywhere.

When we got to the park Andrea stopped at the side of the road, I saw Hayes on one of the benches, his hands cupped together and his head looking down at the ground. His brown hair falling forward and he wore a black long sleeve from Hollister and brown khakis. I guess he changed clothes as well, I felt my stomach get even tighter and butterflies filled my stomach inside and out.

When Andrea turned the van off she stopped and looked at me giving me a little head nod and smile,
"Should I go now?" I said nervously realizing what a stupid question that was.
They all nodded yes. "Your prince is waiting" Jen said in a musical tone.
I started opening the door when I looked back at them and realized they were getting out the van.
"Aren't you guys coming?"
They all laughed and exchanged looks.
"Go, we'll catch up later" Andrea said.

So I opened the door, got out and started making my way to Hayes with my heart pumping harder every step I took.