Chapter 20

Hayes's POV:

The girls went to bed around midnight and Jeff and uncle Philip and I were still in the living room. I couldn't sleep. It was too hard with so much in my mind,

"So hayes, who's the girl you were talking about earlier at the dinner table?" Uncle Philip said,

"Well uncle-"

"Call me Phil" he said,

"Yes sir, so, Phil, she's a special girl to me, and I-"

"The girl's Althea" Jeff said, as he cut me off with my dramatic scene.

I know I've only known Phil for like a day, but he felt like a dad to me, who else felt like a brother to me. The way he acted was like a protective father, but behind that Is another 19 year old boy like me.

"Well hayes, have you done anything special for her yet?"

"Not since I've first seen her this year, so, no sir"

"Well do you want to?" He asked.

I leaned over to him more, what did he mean?

"What do you have in mind?" I asked, really curious.

Phil got up from his chair, went to the kitchen and came back with keys and dangled them in front of my face.

"Here" he said, as he threw them to me. I caught them perfectly,

"What are they for?"

"The boat I have by the pier"

"But sir why do I-?"

I paused for a moment.

And then I realized what he meant.

Althea's POV:

Andrea and Anna have been asleep since midnight. It was now 3 am and I couldn't even have my eyes closed. My mind just wouldn't let me sleep and I just didn't know why, maybe it was from what Hayes had said earlier at dinner. It still sent hurricanes to my heart and heavy shores to my lungs.

I was scrolling through my twitter feed just scrolling, when a notification popped up. It was a text

From: Hayes

Meet me outside. Now.

Why could he possibly need me to get up from bed and meet him outside at 3 am?

I didn't argue though, I was too lazy to. I put on the only pair of clean clothes I had left. I guess I should be careful outside.

"Althea? Where are you going?" Anna and Andrea asked me groggily because of their sleep.

"Outside"

"Why?"

"I'm lazy to explain, but just go back to bed" I said,

"No, were coming"

"Look I'll be fine? Okay? Hayes just wants to show me something"

"Fine, but it's 3 am. What if a serial killer gets you guys?" Andrea asked, as she wiped her eyes with her hand,

"Well what're you gonna do?" I asked,

"Were sleeping in the living room. Just in case something happens to you" Anna said, as she and Andrea got up from bed.

"Fine" I said,

They followed me up until the living room, when they both collapsed on the couch. I saw Jeff had fallen asleep on the ground with a bunch Of blankets beneath him. I laughed quietly to myself as I opened the door.

No one was out there, typical. It was just another of hayes's tricks. I turned around when I felt a body grab me. I almost screamed when the person covered my mouth with their hand and had their arm wrapped around me. My eyes went wide until I realized who it was.

"What the hell hayes??" I said, I laughed as I started hitting him.

He laughed at me harder, "you're just that easy"

I scoffed, "well what do you want at 3 am?"

He looked around, as if there was an answer he was looking for.

"Nothing" he said,

"Nothing? Then why'd you wake me up at 3 am??!" Even though I wasn't even sleeping, still, how rude.

"Let's go somewhere" he said,

My eyes went wide.

"Where the hell are we going to go at 3 am?!" I said, this made no sense at all.

Hayes held out a pair of keys and dangled them in front of my face, giving me a smirk.

"Let's go you little princess" he said sarcastically