Chapter 23

Hayes's POV:

I did it,
It happened,
I don't regret it,
I'm glad it happened.
We fell sleep together and she wore my t-shirt and basketball shorts again after last night. Her hair was pushed to the side as she slept beside me. My arm wasn't around her though, instead I just watched her sleep, I shook her gently and her eyes fluttered open. She smiled at me,
"Mine?" I said.
"Yours" she replied.
My tongue was so tied up my words didn't come out right, I meant to say 'are you mine?' But it just came out as 'mine'. But guess what?

She is mine.

Althea's POV:

Hayes shook my shoulder to wake me up. I saw him and storms were sent to my heart. He was still shirtless but he wore his other pair of basketball shorts, his brown hair did his usual messy hair routine but I never really saw it the minute he woke up, it looked even messier, but much cuter.

I wish Every morning was like this.

"Mine?" He asked,
"Yours" I replied. I knew what he meant, it was the easy to know what Hayes was talking about. The last thing I saw was a smile from his face, and my eyes shut right again. I guess I was really sleepy.

*

I woke up a few hours later, around 10 am. The smell of bacon, melted butter, fresh toast and orange juice filled the whole cabin and filled my lungs. It made my mouth water. I was going to get up from hayes's bed but I found myself not wanting to. The smell of his axe was still beside me and the image of last night popped into my head. I smiled.

the first time.

When I was about to get up the door opened and Hayes came in with a tray of food. "Good morning" he said, as he set the tray down with food on it beside me and kissed my cheek and sat down beside me as well. "Wow, Hayes Grier cooks?" I said sarcastically as I took the toast and took a bite. Hayes laughed, "not really much cook breakfast, but I can serve it" he said, as he gave me a wink and laughed again. Then there was a moment of silence filling the room as I ate and Hayes stared at me, "what?" I mumbled. Hayes gave me a half smile and looked down at my other open freely hand. He took it and started tracing little circular motions on it and then intertwined our fingers together.

"Morning" Jeff said, Andrea and Anna followed in the bedroom as well. "Morning" Hayes and I replied. "Ooh! Toast!" Jeff said, as he took a slice of toast from my plate. "Dude! This breakfast is for Althea!" Hayes said, we all laughed. "How come you made her breakfast and not me??" Jeff asked, pouting his lips as a joke.

"Do I love you?" Hayes said to Jeff. "you sure as hell should love me" Jeff replied. And we laughed.

"Boys! Can I get a little help?," uncle Philip said. "We should get some gas for your guys's car now so later you can make it home just before sunset."

"Coming!" Jeff and Hayes said as they playfully hit each other as they exited the room. Andrea and Anna sat beside me on the bed, they both smirked at me.

I ate my food in silence as they both eyed me. "Soo..???" Anna said, hitting my shoulder. "Ow. Soo what?" I replied,
Andrea scoffed, "shut up Thea, tell us the details." I gave her a look, "details of what?"
"You look like you just got laid" Anna said, we all burst out laughing.
"How?" I replied,

did I really look like I got laid? How do you tell if someone got laid?

"Just everything about you." Anna said,
"And Jeff told us about how he gave Hayes a condom" Andrea replied,

Wait

Jeff gave Hayes the condom?
Why?
Was this all a little game?
Was this purposely meant to happen?

Anger and confusion filled my veins, I didn't want to make it so obvious. I didn't really want to talk about it to Anna and Andrea,

"And I went to the bathroom at 4 am and I heard soft moans coming from this room." Andrea continued,
I scratched the back of my head, my cheeks turning a bright red,
"Oh fuck, really?" I replied
"I was going to open the door but I was afraid of what I would see"
Anna, Andrea and I laughed.
"So now you know what it feels like" Anna said,
"I guess so..." I replied, not really sure what to say.
"We better get packed up if we want to get home" Anna said as she got up from the bed now like Andrea
"Yeah, okay" I replied. As I finished eating and exited Hayes and Jeff's bedroom. When we walked back to our room Anna and Andrea threw some jokes here and there.

-"Althea got her cherry popped. If you know what I mean"
-"she's a big girl now"
-"they did the nashty"
-"frickel frackled too hard"

"Yeah totally" was my reply sarcastically to everything they said.