Chapter 19

Althea's POV:

I dropped my bags in the bedroom Anna, Andrea and I were staying in. I pulled out my phone and messaged Jen, Maria and Mae that we were staying over night. I didn't want them to get worried about us

To: Jen, Maria, Mae

Our car ran out of gas, were staying here for the night.

After a minute or so I got a reply from Jen

From: Jen

Yeah, that's fine. Were staying the night here at jack's AKA mr athletic, tonight because Mae doesn't want to leave.

I slid my phone back into my pocket and started getting ready for the night by changing out of my clothes. The sun had fully set.

"What'd they say?" Anna asked,
"Their staying the night at jack's with Mae"
"Alright" Andrea replied.

A few moments later uncle Philip came and stood in front of our door, "dinner's ready girls" he said,
"Thanks uncle Philip, we'll be there soon" Anna said. So we left the room, and met up with Hayes, uncle Philip and Jeff at the kitchen table.

The table was set out really nicely for 6 people and a bunch of good food which made my mouth water filled the whole table. and there was a fire going on in the fireplace In the living room. At that moment it really felt like I was in one of those cheesy Christmas movies like I said earlier.

I was in the middle of Andrea and Anna, Hayes sat across from me and uncle Philip and Jeff were to his left and right.

We started eating and talking, letting the conversation go back to back, it was like we were a family. I suddenly felt home sick.

Uncle Philip talked to us girls more, because he said we were really fun to talk to at the table, but after a while he started talking to the guys. "So boys, any of you play any sports?" Uncle Philip asked,
"Yes sir. Football" Hayes said, as Jeff continued his sentences.
Uncle Philip laughed a bit, "I use to play football as well, use to get all the girls" uncle Philip said, we all started Laughing, "ew uncle Philip please stop" Anna said in between her chewing from the mashed potatoes. We all laughed some more. "Any girlfriends huh? Head cheerleader? The singer? The drama queen?" Us girls choked on our water as we were about to take a long sip. The guys and uncle Phil started laughing.

"Volleyball, and youtuber sir," Jeff said, I knew he was talking about Maria. If Maria was here she would've been as red as a cherry.

Hayes looked at me, even for a quick moment, he looked at me and then back at uncle Philip.

"Writer and volleyball player sir," Hayes said.

I choked on my water again, causing everyone at the table to laugh once more.

As Hayes said that he looked at me gave me a quick smirk and then looked down at his plate. I could see his cheeks turning a light color of red.

"Oo writer? She's a keeper son" uncle Phil said.

"She sure is.." Hayes said.

I didn't want to look at him, because if I did, you would be able to see the stupid smile on my face and how much I was screaming on the inside. Andrea and Anna nudge me with their elbows at the same time.

"ow" I whispered.

After dinner, we all relaxed by the warm fire, dimming the lights so all you could see and hear in the pitch black was the flickering fire.

Andrea and Anna sat on the couch. Jeff, Hayes and I sat on the ground. We all huddled by the fire as heavy blankets covered each of us. A few moments later, uncle Philip came out from the kitchen and handed each of us a hot chocolate. It wasn't even winter, but I was all up for it.

We spent most of the night talking by the fire, it felt really relaxing.

"I'm sleepy" Anna said,
"Yeah same" Andrea said. I checked the time and it was already midnight. Surprised of how fast the night went.
"Let's go to bed then" I said, as I got up from my spot on the ground.
"Night guys" us girls said, as we left Hayes, Jeff and uncle Philip in the living room.