Chapter 60

Hayes's POV:

Okay well, I chickened out so many times these past few months. Getting so many perfect times to tell Althea how I'm leaving...but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's like every time I got the chance, I felt like blood is coming up my throat and I'm ready to crumble to the floor. It just hurts leaving her. It hurts how I'm going to be the one to say these horrible words coming out of my mouth. I've loved her. I've loved her for so long that if love were a crime, I'd be locked up in jail forever.

It was the middle of the 8th month of Althea's pregnancy. The baby would be born soon around this time. And sometimes the thought of that made a pit form into my stomach. I wanted to be there for her when the baby was born...but i never know, Nash could call me up any day, any time, and say those words. 'Alright let's go. Say goodbye for 2 years' and then it'll all be gone like a second whiff of wind.

"Hayes, you okay?" Chandler asked me as I paced back and forth the room. Raffy, Jeff, and candler eying me. "What? Oh um, yeah"
"Alright spill man" Jeff announced loudly
"Spill what?"
"Something's up."
"How do you know that?"
"Dude, I've been your best friend for years now. I've never seen you like this before" Jeff purred, and again, he was right.

I looked around the room and the guys glared at me like I was crazy. I paced back and forth several more times before I finally brung myself to close the bedroom door.
"I'm leaving"
"What?" Raffy and Jeff said in unison.
"Where the fuck you going? Narnia or something?" Chandler spilled with venom within his words.
I let out a huge sigh. "A few months ago...Nash called me up and said that my dad planned a tour for 26MGMT and Taylor insisted we go for a few magcon meet ups as well"
"That's great! When will you be back?" Chandler said, completely lost.
I let our another huge sigh. "...the tour lasts for 2 years." And suddenly the room went silent. Raffy and Jeff stared at me with blank expressions on their face and chandler just look dead on confused but worried at the same time.
"W-what about Althea and the baby?" Raffy stammered
"That's the problem...I don't want to leave...but I have to..."
"Have you told her yet?" Jeff asked, resting his hand on my shoulder.
"No...not yet, I couldn't bring myself to do that,"
"Hayes you gotta be kiddin-"
"No! I'm serious!," I yelled as I threw my body on top of the bed and rested my head in my hands. "Every time I try and tell her...I choke."
"Hayes, the baby is going to be born soon. You better tell her that you're leaving..."
"I know...I just don't know how to." I let out another annoying sigh and let the silence of the room rumble against my thoughts.
"I got an idea" Jeff said. I jerked up from the bed and put all my attention towards him.

Althea's POV:

These last few months have been busy. Ultrasound appointments, other doctor appointments, just so much happening. Anna had gotten a great new photography project assigned to her. She would be helping out with a couple band's head shots for their new album cover and possibly several other celebrities. But I made sure she was available for mine and hayes's wedding. And to also grab a few shots for when our baby was born as well. It's been a long run in the pregnancy and I'm honestly glad it's almost over. Hayes and I finally agreed on a name and I couldn't explain how excited I was. The thought of it sent jumping feelings through my veins. A few relationships were formed these past few months as well. Jen and Shawn had finally gotten together and Andrea had met someone named Kian. I've met him before and he's really nice and I was really happy for Andrea. The moral of the story is, the last few months have been busier than ever.

I was on Andrea's computer scrolling through my twitter and other social media sites when I realized I haven't checked my email in a while. I opened up the tab and saw I had a new email from...

Riverstone college of academic writing

My breathing tightened up in my throat and my heart felt locked up in my chest. I felt my heart pounding in my ears. Without hesitation I clicked the un opened mail yet and read it out loud.

I am delighted to inform you that the committee of river stone college of academic writing has voted to offer you a full scholarship from your wonderful work! Please accept my personal congratulations of your achievements! This year 15,000 students applied for the full on scholarship. Faced with many talented and high qualified students. The committee is convinced you will do an excellent part here at river stone. We hope you enjoy our lessons in the fall, other important details and requirements will be sent to your parents and or guardians.

When I Finished reading the letter my heart was doing jumping jacks in my system and a wide smile was taking over my face that I looked like the joker. I got up from my chair, pumped my fists in the air and squealed. I picked up the phone and dialed my mother's phone number at the tip of my tongue.
"Hello?" She said
"Mom! I got accepted! I got the scholarship!" I squealed through the phone that I was practically deafening her.
"My goodness, really??! I'm so proud of you!" She said. Her voice sounded as happy as mine and it sounded like she was jumping as well.
"So that means you're moving back here then right?"
My heart sunk to my chest.
"Wait...what?"
My mom sighed. "Althea, remember? I told you. If you won that scholarship you would have to move back here and that means you would have t-"
"To leave Hayes here..." I said, joining her sentence. The words felt like venom escaping my mouth.

I had completely forgotten about having to move back home...
"I'll call you..um, later. Okay mom?" I mumbled beneath my breath
"Of course, congratulations again okay? I love you"
"I love you too mom" and I hung up. I practically slammed the phone down as I raised my hands over my head clutching onto my hair like I wanted to pull them out.

How could I have been so clue less?

So stupid?
So forgetful?

I had gotten my life goal, but then id be leaving something so important to me behind.

I stood there in Andrea's room staring at the floor as words thumped at the back of my skull.
"Althea? Everything okay?" Andrea said as she peeped her head into the doorway
"Oh hey" I said flashing her a fake smile
"What're you doing?"
"I'm walking over to you to give you a hug and greet you an early happy birthday?" I lied. Yes her birthday was tomorrow and I wanted her to have the best one yet, but when I said that I was walking over to hug her to wish her happy birthday. I really just needed someone to hug, I had time to wish her happy birthday tomorrow...but who knows when the next time I'll be able to hug her will be...I mean, I'm moving back home soon...and I don't want to waste any minute of my life here in this house with people I care so much about.

I gave Andrea a tight squeeze of a hug and started singing happy birthday in my worst possible singing voice ever and we both laughed causing our sides to hurt. We were in the middle of mid laughing when the doorbell rung. We stared at each other with awkward looks before we dashed to the stairs. We stood at the top of the stairs where we watched Hayes open the door with chandler by his side.

Nash came through the door carrying several bags and what seemed to look like 2 passports in his hand. Which confused me because it was only him who came through the door.

No one even knew he was coming to visit or was he even visiting?