Chapter 54

A/N: so today my friend told me that someone didn't like the way I ended "beneath the stars" so they made a sequel or something to it? If you didn't like "beneath the stars" whether it was the ending or whatever I'm sorry. I'm just trying my best here. And yes I apologized for the whole "California and Florida" mishap in that book LOL😂 my mind thinks different things every day so I'm sorry HAHAH but still, I don't know who remade my book like it was theirs or made a sequel to it but I'm not really happy with that. The first book and this sequel all come from my imagination and I'm sorry if I don't so something the way you want me to. If you guys know anything about this please let me now. ANYWAYS, sorry for that long rant 😊😂I hope you guys like this chapter because I did writing It HAHA❤️
-------------------------

**the next morning**

Hayes's POV:

I couldn't sleep at all last night.
Now that I think of it, I haven't been getting much sleep these past few nights anyways. I checked the time and 9 am appeared. My eyes were droopy and I felt like I couldn't move a muscle.
"Hayes, get up."
I flipped over onto my side and saw Jeff. He was playing with his car keys in one hand and was standing in the doorway of my room.
"Why?"
"Let's go."
"Where?"
"To the doctors. Since Althea's pregnant you gotta be with her for her ultrasound."
I shook my head trying to bring the memory back into my head.

Did I tell them last night?

"Wait, how'd you know she was-"
"You told us last night before you passed out in bed. And Andrea and the girls told us also."
"So you planned the doctors appointment?"
"Yeah"
"Why?"
"Stop asking so many questions and just get dressed. And, my mom's a doctor. She's the one going to check on Althea and, if Maria was pregnant I would've been a supportive boyfriend and help her through all this crap"

He was right. Like always.

Jeff left my room slamming the door shut and I got up and ready for what the day would bring.

I threw on khakis and a blue T-shirt and sprinted down the stairs. Jeff was waiting for me by the door, "let's go" he said. "Alright, alright" I replied as we left the house. The van was parked in the driveway and I was Able to see who was sitting in the back seats, Althea and Andrea. I gulped to the thought of how angry Althea was at me and how I had no clue on how to fix all of it. Jeff got in the drivers seat and I climbed into passengers seat, he started the car and we drove off.

Althea's POV:

This morning Jeff had woken Andrea and I up. Saying he knew about me being pregnant and made an appointment for me with his mom who was a doctor. He didn't even let Andrea or I have a speak into it. It like he wasn't even asking or telling us to go, more like forcing. But I didn't argue, I wanted to see the baby myself actually.

The drive there was quiet. And by quiet I mean extremely quiet. No one spoke the whole ride there, I wasn't sure if it was because they knew Hayes and I were angry at one another or the awkward fact that they were driving me to a doctor so we could see how MY baby was doing. The ride was dead quiet that you would be able to hear a paperclip drop.

When we got to the doctors Clinique there were several other patients waiting. A mother was flipping through a magazine as her little toddler squirmed around in his chair. And a little old couple were sitting in the corner talking to each other, the husband's hand was rested on top of the wife's hand. That caused a little smile to appear onto my face. I was about to sit down when Jeff called us.
"Guys c'mon"
"Jeff, don't we have to wait to be called?" I asked
"Nope, my mom's the doctor and I made sure she would get you first on the list"
The thought of going before the other patients caused me to go unsteady. I mean, what if the other patients had something more important than me? I was just going to get an ultrasound of my baby. What if the little toddler was really ill? What if that old woman and man had cancer? Then what?

Andrea shrugged her shoulders and dragged me by my wrist no matter how hard I protested. We ended up in a small room that had a bed and several chairs surrounded by a monitor and other equipment. I felt my stomach turn inside out, not sure if it was my mixed feelings everywhere on this whole situation or if it was the baby. The room was silent as Andrea and I took a seat, Jeff and Hayes stood by the wall. Hayes looked up at the ceiling and had his arms crossed. He had no expression on his face what so ever. He hasn't spoken to me since what had happened from last night, but I didn't care. Today would just be about the baby and I.

"Jeff" a woman said. The woman had light blonde hair and tired eyes. She had wrinkles at the ends of her eyes and along her forehead, she looked some what old but only around 30-40. Not sure. But the woman was opening her arms out to pull Jeff into a hug and her white coat draped over Jeff.
"Mom," he said before opening his arms also and smiling at her. It made me think of my mom for a moment.

"Guys, this is my mom." Jeff said.
The lady smiled at all of us, "hello, nice to meet you all. I'm Dr Rowell," she said as she shook everyone's hand and I was last. "So, Althea, Jeff told me you need an ultrasound for a baby" she said. Her voice was soft and kind. I felt my cheeks a firing pit of redness. "Um...yes m'am"
"Alright, so if you could hop onto the bed here, lift up your shirt a little bit and remove your shoes so we can take a look see" I hesitated to move for a moment, I never thought I would hear those words at the age of 19. I gave Andreas arm a gentle squeeze as she gave me a little 'it's okay' look. I did everything Jeff's mom asked for and hopped onto the bed. I took deep silent breaths but the room was so quiet I felt like everyone could hear my heart intensely beating. Dr Rowell played around a little bit with the monitor by the bed as I stared blankly up at the ceiling. I looked away for a moment and saw Jeff was sitting and was on his phone, Hayes stared at the blank monitor and Andrea was staring at me. Mouthing words to calm me down.

"So who's the father?" Dr Rowell asked as she got a tube of this clear gel stuff and rubbed it around onto my stomach. It felt cold which caused me to flinch as usual.
I looked at Hayes and we caught eye contact, I pulled away from his gaze to reply to Dr Rowell "oh uh...someone in this room?" I said. I felt my whole body feel like it's been pinched. I didn't know what else to say. Dr Rowell's eyes widened. "Oh Jeff...you didn't tell me-"
"Oh no m'am. It's me" Hayes said lifting his hand up. I rolled my eyes but faced away from everybody so no one could see.

"Oh dear lord. Okay. You scared me," Dr Rowell said as she let out a huge sigh of relief. I laughed a little bit of how she thought Jeff was the father. Obviously he was not. "Hayes dear, do you wanna pull a seat up next to Althea so you can see your baby as well?" She asked Hayes. I saw Hayes jump a little in his spot before he replied. "that'd be great. Thank you." He said as he dragged a seat beside the bed which I was on. I felt the uncomfortable feel of Hayes being next to me. His stare stinging my cheeks as I faced away from him. Of course I still loved him. I mean, how could I ever stop?

It took a little time and waiting until Dr Rowell got everything working, the monitor screen working and everything. She started rubbing this little thing which was like a control or something. I don't know how to explain it. But wherever she put it around my stomach, we would be able to see it on the monitor.

There she was, I mean. He or she. We didn't know yet. But I loved my baby already. There was something about seeing the baby, knowing that it's my precious little creation. Now I know what it feels like to be a mother. Now I know how my mom feels every time she's worried about me. I smiled.

"Here's its little hands and legs starting to develop" Dr Rowell said as she stared at the monitor, moving the controller thingy on my stomach some more to get a clearer view. I looked to my sides and Andrea was smiling at the monitor, Hayes was as well. It was like I saw a perfect glint in his blue eyes.

"Do you want to know what gender the baby is?" Dr Rowell asked
"well I-"
"WE," Hayes said softly as he placed his hand on top of mine, he stared at me for several seconds and smiled. Before he looked up at Dr Rowell again,

"we would like it to be a surprise." Hayes said.