Chapter 51

Hayes's POV:

I didn't know what was up, she just walked in the house and I saw worry just hidden in her face. I wanted to run up to her and hold her and tell her it would be alright, but that's the problem... I didn't know what would be alright.

I went upstairs and saw Andrea waiting by the bathroom door. "Is she in there?" I asked, "yeah. She's just-" Andrea was cut off by Althea opening the door and coming out. Her face looked like she'd been crying, her hair was a bit messy and she was sniffling. "Are you okay?" I asked. It was like she completely ignored me. She just had her back towards me and started walking away with Andrea. "I'm fine." She said. But deep down, I knew better than to believe a girl who's crying when she says "I'm fine."

Althea's POV:

I didn't want to talk to hayes at the moment, I just needed a few minutes or hours to let the thought sink in... There is a baby, growing inside of me. I didn't know how to react.

Excited?
Sad?
Worried?
Cautious?
Happy?

I went to Andreas room which was one of the guest rooms. I needed someone to talk to and for someone to help me tell Hayes. I couldn't tell him so soon, nor tell him so late. Andrea opened the door to her room and I sat on her bed. She shut the door behind her and faced me with her arms crossed and a serious look.
"How are you going to tell him?"
"I don't know.."
"Well you're going to have to tell him at some point"
"I think the real question is, how am I going to tell my mom?!"
"That's true..."
The room went silent as Andrea and I thought and both of our eyes wandered towards the phone.
"OH NO,NO,N-"
"Better now than later" she said as she gave me a half smile and walked over to the phone and handed it towards me.
I took a deep sigh and started dialing the house number. I haven't exactly talked to my mom in a while, so hearing her voice would be something new since I moved here.
The phone rung and rung and I felt my heart racing and I breathed heavily as Andrea stood there watching me.

"Hello?" My mom said. I missed hearing her voice, it was like her voice woke up my entire body because I missed having my mother around, I missed seeing her each morning. I just missed her jokes and her sarcasm. I just missed her.

"Mom" I croaked through the phone.
"Althea? Althea!" She said her voice getting more and more excited
"Mom I..I have something to tell you."
"What is it sweetie?" She said. Her soft voice suddenly made me want to burst out crying because once I told her what had happened, her soft voice would become shaky and croaky like mine.
"I..."
"Yes?"
"Mom I'm pregnant." I said straight up. The words flew out of my mouth quick and fast like ripping off a bandaid. She didn't speak for a moment, like the whole house went silent. Which made me think she had hung up on me but she didn't. She was still there because I could hear her heavy breathing through the phone.

"Are you sure?" Her voice was now shaky like I had expected it to be and it sounded like she was crying now.
"Yes I'm sure...Andrea bought me 5 pregnancy test sticks and they were all positive..."
She didn't speak again. Like she was letting the silence do the speaking for her but deep down I knew she wanted to yell at me really badly.

"Well...who's the father?" This time, her voice was now straight forward. Like she had told herself no more crying.
I hesitated to tell her, afraid of what she would say.

"Hayes."
She paused again.
"Listen, I'm not excited that you're pregnant Before marriage, I know you and Hayes are planning to get married but right now, I want you and Hayes to focus on that baby. I'm here to support you and that baby will have a good life. Put the planning of the wedding, dresses and bridesmaids to the side because in 9 months there will be a new addition to the family." Her voice was strong and fierce. I was surprised she didn't yell at me, but I was also glad of how supportive she was.
"Alright mom...thank you" I managed to mumble
"Have you told Hayes yet?"
"No...not yet."
"You're going to have to tell him at some point. I suggest sooner than later"
I looked up to catch eyes with Andrea because she had said the Same thing. "Alright, I promise I'll tell him soon."
"That's my girl, and Althea?"
"Yes?"
"There's a writing contest held here. The prize is possibly a scholarship to a top notch college and a cash prize"
"That's great! Am I allowed to join considering I don't live there?"
"Yes of course. But if you win, you do know you'll have to move back here" she said.
"Okay." I said, I knew I wouldn't win. But it was worth a shot. I came to move out here to pursue a writing dream. But I had no luck just yet,
"Email me the writing piece you want to enter and I'll enter it and if you win you'll get an email saying you did, okay?"
"Okay mom. I gotta go now, bye, I love you."
"I love you too. Stay safe." And then we both hung up.

"So that sounded like it went well" Andrea said as she sat down next to me.
"Yeah, it did" I said more confident now
"So, are you going to tell him?"
"Soon..." I said.

Soon.

"Alright, but until then. You can stay in my room if you'd like, just to avoid Hayes until you want to tell him"
"Really?"
"Of course" she said smiling at me.
"Thank you"

"Guys! We ordered some pizza if you want! Nash and the guys are leaving soon!" We heard a voice yell, I'm guessing it was chandler. I had completely forgotten that today was Nash and the guys's last day. And that made me feel awful.

"Alright! We'll be right down!," Andrea yelled back. "Coming?"
"No thanks... I don't really want to face Hayes right now, could you bring me up a slice or two?"
"I'll bring you multiple slices since you're pregnant" she joked and we both laughed.

When Andrea left I went to mine and hayes's room and grabbed my clothes that would be good for a week or so since I would be staying in Andreas room for a few days. And after that I rested in the guest room's bed. Letting this whole situation sink in to the pit of my stomach.