Chapter 7

Hayes's POV:
I was in the kitchen when the power went off, I couldn't see anything. And then I heard someone come in. I didn't need light to realize who it was, the smell of her perfume was all it took. And I couldn't help myself, I just needed her. I haven't seen her in so long, and I haven't held her in so long. At that moment. It was all I wanted. Of course I made a stupid excuse, calling it an "accident"..

But it was my favorite accident ever.

Althea's POV:
We all spent most of the time in the living room with 1 flashlight and snacking on goldfish crackers. There wasn't much to do because the power was down. And there wasn't much food either because most of the food we had needed to be microwaved. Or, we just didn't have enough food in stock because we didn't go grocery shopping yet. So we all huddled in the living room, talking over the dark silence. It was peaceful actually, I wasn't scared. It actually felt like paradise from time to time. Letting the silent do its thing.

Around midnight everyone started getting tired.

"I'm tired" chandler said,
"Same" Anna said,
Raffy sighed, "we all just can't sleep here in the living room all night"

"Why not?" Andrea said in a defending voice.
"It's to cold, and there's not enough room on the couch."
Andrea let out a big sigh, "that's true.."
"Well how about we just go up to the bedrooms?" Jen suggested.
I looked at Hayes, he gave me a smirk. I felt my cheeks get red in the dark.

"That's a good Idea" Jeff smirked, I looked at Maria and I already saw the smile on her face. I couldn't help but laugh,

"We only have one flashlight" Jen replied,
"So? Once you get in the room, you're not leaving the room" Andrea said, as she got up from her spot and got the flashlight.
"Fine."

We all got up and followed Andrea up the stairs, she had the flashlight and we all had to watch where we were stepping. We didn't need anybody breaking their necks.

Once we got to the long hallway Andrea spoke again, "someone's going to have to room with someone"

The silence took over where we were again, Andrea being the leader she was, split us up. "Maria and Jeff in Maria's room, Jen and I will take raffy in our room, Anna will take chandler and Althea will take Hayes"

"Alright, let's go then" and we all split up.

Once Andrea entered her room with Jen and raffy, darkness took over the hallway again. I entered my room and hayes followed.

The room was cold, surprisingly. And the only light we had was the light from mine and hayes's phone.

I got into my bed, covering myself with the covers. Warmth took over my body and the coldness drifted away.

I heard a thump on the floor, and when I looked Hayes was laying down on the floor.

I laughed, "Hayes. What the hell are you doing?" I asked,
"Well I can't sleep in the same bed as you so-"
"And who said you can't?"
"Well I-" he said nervously
"Just get in here you goof ball"

He laughed, and got up from the floor. He lifted the covers and cold immediately struck my body. But the cold went away when Hayes lay beside me. My back was facing him. And all I could hear was the silence take over the room and my faint heartbeat trying to control itself.

I shut my eyes for at least half an hour or longer and tried to fall asleep. But how could I fall asleep knowing Hayes was beside me? Sleeping beside me? In the same bed?

I turned over, and my face ended up face to face with his. He was wide awake.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked, i checked my phone and it was about 2 am.
"I can't sleep" he said, his voice was quiet and gentle. Like he was whispering.
"How come hayes?"
"Cause I've missed you"
I got quiet for a moment.
"Well.. Why are you missing me still? I'm here aren't i?"
"I know. But one day you're going to slip through my fingers again, and i would've messed up again. And I'm sorry"
"...Go to sleep Hayes"

I shut my eyes again, trying to sleep. But now I was still face to face with him, I just knew he was wide awake staring at me.

I felt a hand wrap around me, Hayes pulled me closer to him.

I heard thumping in the other room, I don't know who it was though, I just moved here yesterday and I didn't know the house that well yet. Thumping and soft moans came from the other room,

Hayes and I laughed. I got up and started hitting the wall.
"SHUT UP. IF YOURE GOING TO HAVE SEX AT LEAST TRY TO BE QUIET"

Hayes laughed at me, and he bit his lip. A part of me wanted to explore him, if you know what I mean. But I knew I wasn't ready yet.. Maybe one day. But now now.

------------------------------
A/N: I apologize if you think it's really sexual but their 18 you know? And it's a fanfic, ANYTHING can happen😂😏 thank you for 50+ reads!