Chapter 25

Althea's POV:

We all stared at Dj. "Uh..hi Dj" we all stuttered to say. "Oh! You guys know each other! That's great! Maybe sometime you all can come over for dinner again some time!, I wouldn't mind having company" Uncle Philip said.

Dj threw a fake smile at all of us, "that'd be great" he said as he eyed me. I felt chills go up my spine and I felt my hear racing from fear. Like I was running 100 miles every 5 minutes. I felt my breath tighten as well. Hayes came behind me and slipped his hand into mine and stared down at me, my fear slowly went away a bit.

"We better get going" Jeff said, as we all pulled away from uncle Philip. "I'll see you guys next time" uncle Philip yelled as we ran back to our bags.

How could he not know the real
Dj? The weird creep? The one who practically was talking about raping me years ago? The one who probably abuses the mother of his child?

We put our bags in the back of the car and sat in the same seats. Jeff driving, Anna up in the passenger seat, me in the middle and Andrea and Hayes to my left and right. "Ready?" Jeff asked all of us, "ready." We replied in unison. The ride was quiet. I guess everyone was shocked to see dj as much as I was. Not really expecting the customer to be him But the thought of him made me flinch again from time to time and I just felt like my brain was about to explode from worry and fear. Hayes put his hand on my thigh and whispered; "it'll be fine" he said. I smiled at him.

He really knew how to calm me down.

Most of the ride was really quiet, we were 15 minutes away from home when I got a message from Jen,

From: Jen

We just got home.. I have bad news.

I felt my body fill with anxiety as I told everyone in the car what Jen messaged me. "What do you think she means by that?" Anna asked,
"No one knows" Andrea replied,
"I guess we'll have to wait" Jeff said cutting into the silence.

When we got to our street there were 2 police cars and caution tape around the house. Mae, Maria and Jen stood by one of them. We parked a few paces away from the driveway and I got out of the car quickly as I ran to Jen,Maria and Mae. "What happened?!?!" I yelled, still not sure what was going on. "We don't know either, the police told us someone broke into our house while we were all gone" Jen said trying to calm me down, it came to my senses that she was right. No one was home, not a single person. The door was hacked open, I don't know what the robber used. It looked like the door was beaten by something to get in. Some of the windows were shattered, probably to get in as well. But other than that, the outside of the house was fine...

Except not the inside.

The inside was much worse, the kitchen was a mess, shattered plates , glass and utensils were everywhere. The living room furniture was tossed around a bit, the table was thrown upside down in the corner and the tv was gone. Us girls and Jeff and Hayes walked into the house scanning every bit of the house. "What are we going to do?" Anna asked,
"What do you mean?"
"We can't stay here!"
One of the police officers came up behind us, "that's true. You girls will have to find somewhere else to stay for now. It isn't safe here"
"Thank you officer" I said, not sure if it came out as sarcasm or not. "Where are we going to stay?..." We all mumbled as we tilted our heads to the floor.

"With us" Hayes and Jeff said.

We looked at them, "really?" Our eyes getting wide but our face lighting up a bit.
"Yeah. We have a spare bedroom with 3 beds pushed up against the wall." Jeff said,
"But there's 6 of us" I said. Trying to prove a point.
"Some of you will have to room with the guys" Jeff continued,
We stared at them for a moment.
"Room with the guy-"

"I get Althea" Hayes said.

I looked up for a moment and Hayes smiled at me. His cheeks were red. And he looked down at the ground with a goofy smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah Romeo, Jeff said, "I get Maria, Anna gets chandler. There win win"

"Where do we stay?" Andrea said, crossing her arms. "In the spare bedrooms!" Jeff replied, "okay" Andrea gave in.
"So what now?" I asked,
"Go upstairs or around the house and see if you guys have any stuff left that you'll need when you live with us."
"Fine" us girls said, and we went upstairs and around the house looking for things we'd need that wasn't stolen.