Chapter 41

**halfway through the car ride**

The whole car ride was like last time, the usual conversation and in between dead silences. Most of the time the radio was the only thing keeping the car ride alive. "Are we stopping at the gas station again this time?" Andrea asked Jeff who had one hand on the steering wheel and his other hand playing around with Maria's hand, intertwining.

"I don't know, do we need to make a stop? Does anyone need to go to the bathroom or buy something?"
"I gotta buy a few things." Chandler said. Jeff turned around and gave chandler a look. Then chandler, Jeff and Hayes exchanged looks.
"I gotta film a new video. Maybe we could do a tag or something?" Andrea said,
"That'd be fun! What tag?" I asked.
"Random question tag maybe? Where we just ask random stuff and if you get it wrong we hit you with something like food and all that messy stuff."
"Guess were gonna have to stop at the gas station and buy some stuff then" Maria said.
"When's the next stop?" Jen asked,
"In a few minutes" Anna said as she had her head tilted down and focused on her phone.
"I'll message Nash and the guys, so they know where to stop" Hayes said, as he took out his phone from his pocket and started texting Nash "Hurry, I gotta take a piss" chandler said and we laughed.

When we got to the gas station we all separated into 2 opposite directions through out the store. From the other van, most of the guys didn't leave the van. Some of them were dead asleep and others were on their phone. The only guys that came out were Taylor and Nash. Us girls went to buy some food and weird stuff for the video later and the guys went in the other direction. Not sure what chandler had to buy but the guys went along with him.

Hayes's POV:

We followed chandler to the back of the store, I still didn't know what he had to buy. But they all looked so jittery, especially chandler. Jeff and chandler crowded up this small section of the store. Taylor and Nash were behind us, i pulled out my phone to keep myself distracted as chandler picked out whatever it was he was going to buy. I was on my phone when I noticed chandler holding a box,

Condoms.

"Dude, really?" I said,
Nash and Taylor looked over my shoulder to see what chandler was holding.
"DAAAAYUM" Nash said
"What? Anna and I-"
"Don't think we need to get into detail here" I said, causing them to laugh.
"What about you hayes huh? Need any? Or?" Chandler said, not sure if he was messing with me to piss me off or being dead serious.
I exchanged looks with some of the guys and felt the exact same feeling the first time Jeff gave me the condom. Like a kick in the stomach.
"Fine. But only 1." I said. I felt my cheeks getting warmer and I still felt so awkward about this whole thing. I know I'm 19 but sometimes I still feel like I'm 10 and just figuring out how babies were even made.

Nash and Taylor Oh'd.
"Hayes gonna get the apple to his pie" Taylor said making a cheesy remark.
I nudged Nash and Taylor.

"Guys! Hurry up!" The girls all yelled in unison as they started exiting the gas station store with a handful of white plastic bags.
Chandler went up to the cash register and started paying for his "items" the cashier had such a weird look on his face. He had really dark black hair and his face was scrunched up a bit when he started bagging Chandler's items. I don't see what he found so weird, he looked about the age of 25 or something and he's acting like he's never seen a condom.

We got back into the van, with Nash and Taylor running back to theirs and starting up the van like ours. The whole van was crowded up with bodies and a wave of plastic bags.
"What'd you guys buy?" Anna asked. I saw chandlers face turn red where you could practically feel the heat coming from his face.

"Oh you know, stuff." He said.

Yeah,

Stuff.