Chapter 29

Althea's POV:
I put on my red vans, black skinny jeans and just a oversized red pullover sweater and put my hair in a ponytail.

When Anna and I went downstairs we heard Jeff's car pull up in the driveway. I was both excited and nervous to see the guys, especially Nash. I haven't seen him in a long time.

The sound of the door opened and hayes came in through first, followed by Jeff, raffy, chandler, Nash, cam, Matt, Taylor, carter, Aaron and then Shawn, jack gilinsky and then jack Johnston. "Nash!" I yelled as I ran over to him, "hey!" He replied back. He got a bit taller, had more highlights in his hair and he was wearing a bandana like Taylor. I guess they've been spending waaay too much time together.

I greeted the rest of the guys as well. "You guys are gonna have to sleep down here in the living room, we don't have any rooms available." Hayes said, most of the guys shrugged their shoulders and made themselves at home in the living room. "Why can't I stay in your room has?" Nash said to Hayes, "because I already have someone rooming with me. And I don't want you upstairs in my room anyway" Hayes said back to Nash as they started play fighting like usual brothers.
"Well who's rooming with y-" Nash said, except he looked at me and then gave Hayes a smirk. "I see how it is, I teach you everything I know, and then you just do this to me hayes?" Nash said pouting as a joke. I punched Nash in the shoulder playfully and he scattered off towards the rest of the guys.

"How about we watch a movie as celebration for our first night?" Matt suggested, everyone agreed and we put on 'devils due.' And dimmed the lights. Everyone was focused on the movie when I wanted to get some fresh air. It was a nice day anyways and I've spent too much of it inside.

I slowly got up from my spot and grabbed my phone, gently slipping past some of the guys, I was at the door handle ready to open the door when a hand grabbed my wrist, "where are you going?" Hayes asked, the lights were down but I could practically feel his eyes scanning me with curiosity.
"I'm just going outside for some fresh air, that's all hayes." "Fine. But be careful okay?" "No mom. I'm going to run away and never come back" I said sarcastically as I scoffed at Hayes. "Shut up" he laughed quietly. He let go of my hand and I started making my way out of the door. "Wait" he said, I turned around and he gave me a look. "No kiss?" He pouted with his lips. I laughed, "you're such a charmer grier" I replied, as I went over to him and gave him a little peck on the lips. Hayes smiled then shut the door behind me. I started going for a walk, just around the neighborhood and such.

I went to the park and decided to just sit on the swings for a bit, just to relax I guess. I then pulled out my phone and started replying to some texts.

From: Andrea

Where the f did you go??

To: Andrea

Just for a walk, I'll be back later.

After I hit send I got a reply back just like that and I read the reply from Andrea out loud;
"Fine, but be saf-

ARGH.

Someone touched my shoulder and I quickly spun around, barely jumping out of my swing. I felt like my finger had gotten caught on the swing set, I looked down at my finger and it was bleeding. Much more than I would've expected.

"Hey" dj said.
I gave him a look, "why the fuck do you keep doing that?!" I said, my voice getting louder. I was practically yelling now, no chills went up my spine. I was tired of being afraid of him.
"Doing what?"
"Scaring the crap out of me" I said,
I let out an annoyed sigh and started covering my bleeding finger.
"Woah. Look, I just wanted to talk to you"
"About what,?" I said as I sat back down on my swing again, dj took a seat on the other swing set beside me. "How did you even find me??" I continued on.
"You guys live near us, and one time I was driving by and saw you guys in Jeff's car."
"So you followed us?"
"No. I was driving by and-look, that's not what I wanted to talk about." He said,
"Fine. Then what?"
"I wanted to say I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"2 reasons.."
I gave him a look, just waiting for him to explain those 2 reasons
"Well.. I'm sorry for what I did 5 years ago.. When I was practically forcing you to-"
"I know." I didn't really want to hear what he was about to say, I still felt uncomfortable every time I thought about it.
"And I was wondering if you would forgive me.. I was just a stupid 13 year old wanting to lose his virginity.. And you, being the smart girl you are didn't do It with-"
"mhm.." I mumbled,
"Anyways, do you forgive me?"

I thought about it for a moment, past is past right?

"Sure. I forgive you." I said, as I held my extreme bleeding finger in my other hand. The blood was getting all over my sweater and jeans now, who knew you could bleed this much just by getting your finger stuck in a swing. "What's the second reason?" I asked,
"Look, I'll tell you afterwards, I think you need to get a bandaid or something"
"Yeah.. True, I'll just go back home and-"
"No look it's fine. Just come over to mine and Haley's place"
"Don't you think Haley will-?"
"No really. It's fine"

And then dj and I got up from the swings and walked to his and Haley's place.