Chapter 44

"Hey! What the hell!?" Hayes yelled as a wide giddy smile covered his face as he got up from his spot. Hayes grabbed a handful of eggs from the carton and started chasing after me.

"Come here!" Hayes yelled as I ran ahead of him. He was a football player so of course he would eventually catch up to me. I turned around and Hayes threw a bunch of eggs at me. All landing in different places. Some landed on my knees which felt like glass shattering. One egg hit me by my neck leaving a mark which actually looked like a hickey

Oh great.

And one egg hit me in the stomach causing a sharp pain which made me flinch. But I didn't care, I laughed the pain off and I ran back grabbing more messy stuff. Andrea and I bought some paint and random bottles of shampoo and other stuff. I threw some paint at Andrea and she jumped and threw some paint at Jeff, "hey!" He yelled. Hayes came back running with more eggs but this time I was armed with paint.

"Don't start it Grier"

He smirked and threw one more egg, I slashed a wave of blue paint onto him which landed in his hair and down his upper body. Then it all became an adrenaline rush, like all you could see was various amounts of objects flying through air and aiming at someone. Paint, mustard, eggs, shampoo, even lotion was flying everywhere. Sometimes flying at me, sometimes at Andrea, sometimes Jeff, and sometimes Hayes. I'm surprised Andreas camera didn't get ruined, Jeff had placed it safely to the side where you could still see us.

I noticed at the corner of my eye that Nash and everyone else were walking to us. All with confused looks attached to their faces.
"What are you guys-?" Anna asked but Andrea had cut her off and flung lotion and red paint at her. Her face froze in shock. "YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT"
"It's all over you isn't it?" Andrea said with a smirk on her face. That's when complete world war 3 started.

Everyone had joined in, the whole field looked like a mess. Anna didn't look mad at Andrea, no one was mad that they were getting messy. Everyone was smiling. I saw uncle Philip come out from the cabin door and for a moment he stared at us. At first I thought he would yell at us, but instead. He ran inside back into the cabin and came back with more items.

Maple syrup, salsa, Nutella, ketchup, he came back with a hand load of them. No one noticed him except me at first but then uncle Philip had opened the bottle of maple syrup and got Hayes on the side of his face. At first Hayes looked angry but then his straight frown turned into a Wide smile showing his teeth perfectly.

I liked his smile. It was one of those smile's where you could feel your heart ready to jump out of your chest and to melt in front of your eyes.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic but It was true.

"Alright! Alright! I think that's enough for today. We should start the bonfire" uncle Philip yelled, everyone laughed. I stared at everyone and we all looked horrible. Nash had mustard all over his head and egg shells hanging from his shoulders. Cam had little marks all over his flexed body from egg shells. I don't blame him, those egg shells feel like hell when they're pelted at you.

"I guess I'm gonna have to name the video: RANDOM QUESTIONS TAG GONE WRONG" Andrea yelled. Everyone laughed. We all gathered around the area where we were suppose to film a NORMAL tag for Andreas video.

"How are we all going to get cleaned off?" Jeff asked. Jeff was covered with numerous items. I couldn't even tell what was what anymore.

"Well, there's 2 bathrooms, and a hose out here" uncle Philip said as he started wiping his arms with a cloth. "I call bathroom!" Jen yelled, "I CALL THE OTHER BATHROOM" I yelled quickly.

Everyone else decided they would just wait to rinse off with the hose outside in their bathing suits. Cam started spraying Aaron with a hose and he flinched, running away like a little boy. Then cam started spraying carter with a hose. "MY HAT," carter squealed "DONT-DO-DAT!" He said making one of his vine remarks, everyone still laughed though. I started getting cold and I didn't like the disgusting feeling of all this food and icky stuff all over my body.

I ran to the van and grabbed my bag and went inside the cabin trying not to leave a trail of disgusting stuff on the floor. "Here's a towel" uncle Philip said as he handed me a yellow towel with one hand, his other hand had numerous ones. Guess he had one for everyone.

I walked into the bathroom just scanning myself in the mirror at first. Noticing all the marks of everything.
Maple syrup in my hair, Nutella slipping down my back, egg shells caught in my hair and hanging from my arms and shoulders. It looked horrifying to be honest.

"Hey" Hayes said. He stood at the bathroom door wiping a side of his head with a yellow towel.
"Hey"
"I have maple syrup caught in my ear"
"I have egg shell marks all over my body thanks to YOU"
"So you're saying I'm the only one who would ever leave marks on your body?" Hayes said smirking at me and making a 'tsk' sound with his tongue.
"Hayes!" I said hitting him in the shoulder.
I felt my cheeks get heated and same with my body. Like my body was literally blushing.

Does a body even blush?

"I better get outside if I want to be one of the first ones to use the hose" he said, as he started turning his body around.
"Wait..." I called silently. Hayes turned around and i felt like his eyes shoot me like a bullet through my heart. He scanned my body head to toe and gave me a shy smile. Like a smile a 13 year old boy would have after he had his first slow dance with a girl.

I tried hard to keep my eyes from his shoulders up and not look at his abs which were covered with maple syrup and what looked like shampoo mixed with paint.

"Yeah?"
I felt my cheeks feel like they were exploding red.

"Maybe...maybe you could just shower with me?"

Did I really ask that??

Hayes smiled at me,

"Sure" he said.