Chapter 31

Althea's POV:

I went into the back alley shortcut like dj said was safe, the sun was already down and it already started feeling a lot colder, I just kept walking and walking when I saw this big group of guys. I hated judging people of what I assumed they were like but hey, these guys were drunk and high at the same time. But I didn't see their faces much because it was dark.

"Shit..." I mumbled silently to myself.

I didn't want to go past them or anything cause who knows what they'll do, so I quickly hid in the bushes so they could pass me. The bushes weren't any better though, it felt prickly on my back, I don't even know why it was prickly.

The guys were just about to pass when one of them stumbled backwards, laughing and looking so confused at the same time. "You dumbass get up!" One of them yelled, "well help me!" The guy who had fallen said, he didn't even much say it. More like mumbled and laughed about it at the same time.

The guy helped him up and they both were stumbling from each other, laughing around, I just wanted them to pass me already, I just wanted to get home.

Literally after 15 minutes the guys passed. I don't understand how you can practically stay in one spot for 15 minutes in the road just stumbling and laughing about it a hundred times. My phone was dead now and it looked like it was really late. My clothes were still splattered with little drops of blood all over because of my bleeding finger which got caught in the swing earlier, my hair was still messy and When I got out of the bush earlier my sweater had gotten caught on something and it tore my sweater.

Seriously? Today wasn't my day.

My sweater was also half soaked from the bushes earlier. By then, I started sprinting to the house.

When I got to the house I quickly opened the door, as if I was being chased in one of those horror movies. I slammed it shut behind me and saw Nash, Hayes, Andrea, and Jeff on the couch. I didn't know where everyone else was but at the moment, I wasn't really one to care.

Hayes had his head buried in hands and it sounded like he was sobbing, Nash and Jeff sat to his left and right. Nash was patting him on the back, and Andrea sat across from all of them with worry on her face.

When Nash saw me he hit Hayes on the back harder and hayes's head shot up from his hands.

"Hey guys I'm sorry I-"

Hayes got up from his spot, his eyes bloodshot red from crying just like dj's earlier.

"What the fuck?!"

"Hayes, I'm sorry bu-"

"Do you know how worried I was?!? I was pacing back and forth around the living room all night! Why didn't you answer your phone!?"

Hayes had pulled me into a hug but it wasn't very comforting.

"Hayes... I was at the park and dj came and I ended up at his place and-"

"DJ?! DID HE TOUCH YOU?!"

"Hayes-"

"DID. HE. TOUCH. YOU??!!."

"He didn't."

"Why don't I believe you?" Hayes said, his voice slightly Getting softer. As if his voice was tired from all his yelling. Andrea, Jeff and Nash still remained in their same spots just staring at this protective Hayes.

"Hayes, he didn't touch me. I promise you that."

"Your hair is messy, you have blood spots on your clothes, your half soaking wet and your sweater is torn a bit...are you sure he didn't touch you?"

"I'm sure."

Hayes got quiet and then pulled me into a hug again, this time it felt more comforting than earlier.

"Guys, it's getting pretty late. We should get some rest." Andrea said,

"Yeah, I agree. After all, it is someone's birthday tomorrow" Nash said in a musical tune,

I giggled a bit, "Wheres the guys?" I asked,

"They went to get a drink and I don't know, chandler said the guys got drunk and high so he's with raffy trying to get them home" Andrea said.

"Wait, by any chance, did they happen to pass by the alley?" I asked, Hayes gave me a weird look.

"Actually, yeah. They did, why do you-?"

"Nevermind" I said. I didn't really want to talk about it, it was late and I was tired.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow morning" Nash said, as he started getting comfortable in the couch.

"Wait, what about the guys?" I asked.

"They'll be fine. Chandler said they're almost home and I'm not going to bed yet anyways, I'm probably gonna watch some vines or something so I'll wait to open the door for em'"

"Alright, night." And with that, Jeff, Andrea, Hayes and I went upstairs.