Chapter 38

Althea's POV:

After the whole roller coaster ride of emotions, and group hugs we saw how late it was.
"We should get going now," Nash said. "We don't need to deal with street thugs" he joked. the picture of the guys walking drunk in the alley, and me hiding in the bushes popped into my head. I laughed and they all stared at me. "What's So funny?" Nash said giving me a Püma look as he asked. I laughed again, "oh nothing. But did you know I was walking home one night and saw these drunk guys walking in the alley, so I got scared and hid in the bush and apparently it was you guys" I said as I eyed Taylor and we all burst out laughing. Taylor's cheeks flushed red as he scratched the back of his head. "Oh...so you saw me fall on my ass?" He asked, "no. I saw you give the ground a hug with your ass" I said sarcastically.

The sky was dark and heavy clouds filled the night sky and a cold breeze drifted our way which caused me to shiver a bit. "Can we go home now?" I asked, they all agreed. As we walked to the van Hayes stopped walking. "Wait. I wanna walk home" Hayes said as he came to a halt. We all gave him a look. "Hayes, are you crazy?! It's gonna rain!" I said, "so?" "Are you really arguing with me about walking home?" "Geez guys, you're not even officially married yet and you already sound like an old couple" carter spoke as he started entering the van. "I. Wanna. Walk." Hayes repeated again. He was so stubborn and he liked to argue a lot with me.

It was one of those things that actually made our love grow stronger for each other and made he grow closer together.

After exchanging looks with the guys I finally made my choice. "Ugh. Fine. You guys go head, I'm gonna walk with Grier over here." The guys said alright and so did the girls, Hayes and I stood there for a moment as we watched them all shuffle into the van which made me imagine them all as clowns trying to fit in one of those tiny cars. once they all fit, I watched them drive away until all I saw was a little speck of light coming from behind the van.

I looked back at Hayes and he was smirking at me, I hit him in the shoulder and he laughed, "why in the hell would you wanna walk?" I said as I started walking away from him. It actually pissed me off, it was getting colder every minute and here I was wearing a dress that was only up to my knees. It caused mostly my upper body to freeze and my shoulders to shiver. Hayes ran to catch up with me, "because." "Because?" I said as I walked a faster pace than him so he was behind me. Hayes stopped, grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Because I wanted to be alone with you." His blue eyes had a glint of light that only I could see. The same glint that always made my knees go weak and made my heart feel like I ran a thousand miles.

I felt a drop of water land on top of my head, then another. And another.

I looked at hayes and squinted, "this is all your fault Grier" I said playfully. "Hey, you're the one who agreed to walk with me"
"Mostly because I needed too. Who knows where you would go? Without me you'd probably been mugged by now"
He laughed, "mugged? More like mobbed. Besides, you just wanted to be alone with me just as I wanted to be alone with you" he said as grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer to him.

Sometimes we argued like this non stop, even when we were younger, sometimes I won, and sometimes he won.

Either way, it always ended with a kiss and I wasn't quite sure why,

It felt like a reward from the significant other I guess.

He pressed his lips onto mine for a quick second and pulled away quickly.
"Tease" I said. He laughed, normally I was always the tease in this relationship.

I felt more rain drops fall and soon it started pouring, not heavily but I started getting soaked.

Hayes and I started running towards the house, thankfully it wasn't that far.

Once I started getting tired and Hayes as well he turned to me and then turned around and squatted a bit.
"Jump."
"Jump?"
"Get on my back."
"Hayes I'm not getting on your back. I'm wearing a dress and that would feel like the most uncomfortable feeling ever."
Hayes scoffed and turned around so he was facing me again.
"Fine" he said, but now he was opening his arms again and wrapping one arm around both my legs and and one to support my back. He had picked me up bridal style.

"Bridal style, really?"
But I didn't deny much, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Practice for later" he said as he gave me a toothy smile that I could see through all the rain. For some reason the wedding popped into my mind.

"Practice" I said in a mockingly tone. We both laughed together and started making our way back to the house.

Both soaked from the rain.

But both not really complaining.