Chapter 24

Hayes's POV:
Jeff, phil and I went to work on the car to see if it's really the gas that's the problem and not anything else.
"I'm gonna get y'all some gas. I'm gonna walk to the gas station, it's not very far. Around 5-10 minutes" uncle Philip said. "Are you sure you don't want us to come with you?" I asked, "it's fine. You guys just look out for the bait shop and cabin, and the girls." "Well alright" Jeff said. Uncle Philip went off to get some gas,he brought one of those things that hold gas for a lawnmower or something else. I don't know, I wasn't really paying much attention.
"Dude..." I said to Jeff,
"Yea?"
"I did it..."
Jeff's eyes went wide, and then he started hitting me in a playfully and celebrating way. "YES! FINALLY! HAYES IS A BIG BOY NOW"
"Shut up" I said, as I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
"How'd it go?"
"What? What do you mean how'd it go?!" I replied, as I gave Jeff a confused look.
"How did it feel,? You know what I'm talking about, like-?"
"STOP TALKING" I said, as I covered my ears. Jeff laughed, I didn't know what to say back. I couldn't describe it. What happened last night is between Althea and I. That moment was ours,

I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, is all I can say.

*

Althea's POV:
Andrea, Anna and I were packing up our things and making conversation. But then I realized I was still wearing hayes's clothes, such as his t shirt and basketball shorts. "Aw shit" I mumbled, as I tossed my dirty clothes in my duffel bag. "What's wrong?" Anna asked, "I don't have any clean clothes to wear for the ride back home" I said as I sighed and plopped myself down on the bed. "Relax you can borrow some of my clothes" Andrea said, as she tossed me a white t shirt and a pair of denim shorts. I looked at her, "really?" "Yeah. It's fine with me." I smiled at her, "thanks."

My phone went off and there was a message from Jen,

From: Jen

When are you guys coming home?

I typed back;

To: Jen

Later today, their still getting the car fixed/gas. Are you guys home yet though??

From: Jen

Not yet, we'll probably be back later today like you guys.

I replied with 'okay' and tossed my phone in my duffel bag.

**a couple hours later**

"Guys, the car's fixed/gassed up" Jeff yelled across the cabin and he and Hayes grabbed their duffel bags. "Alright! We'll be there in a few minutes" I yelled back.

When we got all our stuff ready we went outside to meet up with Hayes and Jeff. They were looking around the whole area, "what are you guys doing?" Andrea asked. "Were looking for uncle Philip, we wanna thank him for everything" Hayes said. I looked at him and smiled, my stomach felt like a pool of butterflies.
"There he is!" Jeff yelled, as he pointed towards uncle Philip talking to a costumer in the bait shop. We dropped all our bags and ran towards him. "Uncle Philip!!" We all yelled, uncle Phil looked at us. His costumer had his back towards us. The costumer wore a plaid shirt, ripped denim jeans, Black heavy boots and had messy black hair.

We hugged uncle Philip in a group hug, thanking him for every thing he's done for us. "No problem kids, and by the way, this is my 1# customer ever, he comes here all the time" he said as he pointed towards the customer,

We all looked up and saw the face of the customer.

"Hi" dj said.