Chapter 67

Peyton's POV:

Sarah's been staying here the past few days since no one is home at her house. I love having her around 24/7 and Ava does too.

It's Thursday and Ava should be coming home from school in a few minutes. She has been having less bad days there. I guess she is getting used to people knowing who Sabrina is and always talking about her.

Me and Sarah go outside and go to the edge of the drive way.

The bus comes and Ava gets off the bus.

"Hi mommy and daddy" She says and she runs off then hands me her backpack.

"Hi Ava" Sarah says.

"Hi princess" I say.

"Can I have a sleepover?" Ava asks.

"Yeah sure" Sarah says.

"With who?" I ask.

Sarah's more of the parent that will say yes to everything but I'm not. I have to ask questions before I say yes or no. We have very different parenting techniques.

"With Everleigh, Layla and Emelia" She says and we walk inside.

"Why do you want a sleepover?" I ask. I thought kids don't typically start that until middle school.

"Every girl in my class has been doing sleepovers. I want to have one" She says.

"Yeah. I'll call there parents and maybe we can do one tomorrow" I say.

"Yay!" She says and goes up to her room.

"Since when do kindergarteners do sleepovers?" Sarah asks.

"Honestly who knows. More then half of them already have smart phones" I say.

"Yeah that's true. Does Ava have any of that stuff?" Sarah asks.

"Nope and don't bother getting her one. I'd like for her to keep her imagination and innocence for as long as possible. I don't need a kid that sits in front of the tv or on a iPad or phone all day and won't talk or look at you" I say.

"Ok" She says.

"I'm going to call there parents now" I say.

"Ok" She says.

First I call Everleigh's mom and she said yes. Everleigh's mom is like Sarah and will say yes to anything.

Then I call Layla and Emelia's mom and she says yes. She asked a few questions first but did end up saying yes.

After I call there parents and they say yes, I go through Ava's backpack to see her home situation and if there were any notes homework. There's a note looking for volunteers to be a chaperone on a class trip to a pumpkin patch next week. This seems like something Sarah could do.

"Hey Sarah. Ava's class is going to a pumpkin patch. Want to be a chaperone?" I ask.

"Sure. When is it?" She asks.

"October 22nd. Here's the paper. All you have to do is fill it out and I'll put it in Ava's folder and the teachers will get it tomorrow" I say and hand her the paper. She fills it out then hands it back to me and I put it in Ava's backpack.

"Want to go tell her about the sleepover?" I ask Sarah.

"Yeah" She says.

Me and Sarah go upstairs to tell her.

"Hey Ava. Everleigh, Layla and Emelia's moms all said yes to a sleepover tomorrow" I say.

"Yay!" She says.

"They are going to come home with you tomorrow on your bus" I say.

"Ok. Can I do dance class?" She asks.

"What do you want to do that?" I ask. There is always a reason why she wants to do something. Most likely her friends are doing it.

"Everleigh does dance class. I want to do it with her" Ava says.

"Ok. I can call her mommy and find out where she does it and sign you up after mommy comes home from tour" I say.

"Ok and also, when I'm I going to lose a tooth? Everleigh already lost two teeth" Ava says.

"Everleigh pulls her teeth out" I says

"Wait what?" Sarah says and was about to start laughing.

"When her teeth are barley even lose she asks her parents to pull them out." I say.

"Then pull my teeth out" Ava says.

"It hurts" I say.

"Never mind" Ava says and goes back to playing.

Me and Sarah go back downstairs and talk about the sleepover for tomorrow a little bit more and that was pretty much the rest of our day.