Chapter 17

Peyton's POV:

Ava and Sarah are coming home tonight. There last show was 2 days ago. I think it was in Toronto so it's a long car ride. It's over 36 hours with no traffic.

They should be back in California in a couple hours. Everyone is getting dropped off at the Carpenter's house then Sarah is going to drop Ava off at my house after that.

4 hours later:

Sarah texted me about 10 minutes ago and said that they are on there way. It's about 8:00 now. She also said that Ava is really excited to see me. I'm really excited to see her. I missed her a lot.

I'm sitting on the couch and I get a knock on the door. I go and answer it and it's Sarah and Ava.

"Hi daddy!" Ava almost yells and hugs my legs.

"Hi Ava. I missed you" I say and pick her up.

"I missed you too" She says.

"Hi" I say to Sarah.

"Hi" Sarah says.

"How was Ava on the trip?" I ask.

"She was good. I think she had a lot of fun" She says.

"I did" Ava says.

"That's good" I say.

"Well I better get going. I have to go unpack" Sarah says.

"Ok" I say.

"Bye mommy" Ava says and I hand Ava to Sarah.

"Bye Ava" Sarah says and hugs her.

"When will I see you again?" Ava asks.

"I don't know" Sarah says.

"Any time you want" I say which was both to Ava and Sarah.

So Sarah leaves and Ava tells me all about her trip.

She told me about all the band members and that they were really funny and she got to meet her aunt Shannon and every night she preformed Wildside with Sabrina and that she loved watching the concerts.

I think that song was purposefully chosen for Ava to sing because it can kinda relate to this whole situation. The chorus can relate to it the most. Like the lyrics 'No telling what I might find' because they weren't really expecting Ava to be back so soon. I think they thought she wouldn't be apart of there lives for a long time. Then the lyrics 'No stopping cause it feels right' because all of them being together again feels right and that they all belong together. Then finally 'So let it now, it's my time' because now it's really Ava and the rest of the Carpenter family's time to reconnect and bond.

"I'm glad you had fun" I say to her as we were eating dinner.

"Me too. I can't wait to do it again" She says.

"We will have to find out next time Sabrina goes on tour" I say.

"Yay!" She says.

The rest of the day me and Ava unpacked her bags and then watched a movie (which was Trolls for about the 50th time) and ate dinner.

I missed her so much. I'm so happy she's back.