Chapter 38

Sarah's POV:

Ok so I know that Ava's birthday is tomorrow and the party is on Saturday and me and Peyton have both been really focused on that but we have had two really good dates and nothing has happened. I figured by now we would have been boyfriend and girlfriend.

I figured the best person to talk about this with would be Sabrina just because we are so close. She's only dated one boy and it wasn't very serious.

I go into her room and she is laying on her bed writing something in a notebook.

"Hey" She says.

"Hi. I have a question." I say.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Me and Peyton went on two dates over two weeks ago and haven't been on one since and we aren't like boyfriend and girlfriend yet. What should I do?" I ask.

"I say give it time. Ava's birthday is coming and you both have been busy. If he doesn't ask you out again a week after the party, you ask him out" Sabrina says.

"Ok" I say.

"Has he asked you to go with him anywhere or asked you to come over in the past two weeks?" Sabrina asks

"He asked me to come with him to get the puppy but that's birthday stuff. That's different" I say.

"Any other times?" Sabrina asks.

"He asked me to sleep over one night after we were writing invitations for the party" I say.

"Did you?" She asks.

"No. I didn't want to. If we were dating that would be totally different" I say.

"Why not? That would have been one step closer to dating" Sabrina says.

"I'm pretty sure he was doing it just to be nice" I say.

"You should have" Sabrina says.

"Next time I'll say yes" I say.

"Ok." Sabrina says and pauses for a minute. "Do you think it is a good idea for you to be rushing into a relationship right now?" Sabrina asks.

"I don't see anything wrong with it. Why?" I say.

"We are always on tour. We are in and out of California constantly and you and Ava just met again for the first time in four years" Sabrina says.

"Yeah. I know we are away a lot and that's why our relationship ended in the first place but it's more of a reason to do it. If I wait until we come back who knows what will happen. Peyton will find another girl and before you know it Ava will be calling her mommy instead of me. And it's Ava's dad it's not like it's some random guy she doesn't know" I say.

"First off all Ava would never do that she loves you and only you as her mom and Peyton loves you. He wouldn't have asked you out if he didn't" Sabrina says.

"Yeah you're right. I'll just wait and see what happens" I say.

"You know Ava really puts the idea of wanting a boyfriend into your head. When I was babysitting her she asked if I had a boyfriend and ever since then I have wanted one really bad" She says.