Chapter 54

I've been there and done that and this time I was not going to work myself out like an idiot. I already had put online an advertisement for a private doctor, but I didn't really think my first one wouldn't be my last one, so I didn't put much thoughts into it. And even if I did get a new one, I won't be near ginger soup any time soon in my life. (Even as I said this I started to miss the stuff! What was wrong with me!)

Last time he came here, I was wearing his clothes. I didn't really know what to do with them- they were a teeny bit small for me anyway, but I didn't throw them away. Instead I cut them at the wrists (There is no way I would see him again!) and made them into pyjamas- I mean seriously! (Okay, I guess that was the childish side kicking in.) who could resist something as soft as Giordano!

So that was that. And I thought John was scary and I was wrong, he wasn't. He even permitted a few weeks' worth of vacation for me, considering what I did- didn't get a promotion though. I chose rest time over more work, of course- there was no way I would get more than I already had! >.<

All in good times I was down on the street with my favourite pair of flippers slapping against the pavement and a grocery bag in my hand going home from my weekly-shopping-of-junk-food. It was a warm day and I almost forgot about my everything mess and was pretty impressed of myself when a car came into my sight.

I would never forget that car. It pulled to a stop at curb and I walked faster, even though I knew that I could never escape from it. What a childish move.

"Hey." Syn said, walking fast after me.

The whole week I had been holding myself together. The whole week, day by day, I was getting better- at least not drunk in a bar and waking up finding myself at nowhere, or worse, the beach. Day by day I drank less and thought happy and finally today the big break-through, he had to show up.

"What is wrong with you!" I yelled, swinging the bag in my hand high as I picked up my pace, "Do you think a 'hey' can solve everything? You were the one who ignored me for no reason! And you were the one who ignored me for no reason, again! What's wrong with you what's wrong with you what's wrong with you!"

"At least a 'hey' is a start." He said, a bit sheepishly, stepping little by little but with good speed just behind my back on the left, "And you didn't tell me to go away."

I frowned and was near yelling, "Of course I didn't tell you to go away! I'm going to argue with you for the whole afternoon!"

Sometimes life could be away more complicated than the way I pretended it to be.