Chapter 48

Even if Titian wasn't shocked he was curious and mouthed, Who's that?

From the party, I mimed back. I just couldn't believe the woman was dead! She was so bitchy though. I was pretty sure Syn had the same thing going inside his head because he just turned around and gave me a quizzical face, Huh? I shook my head, shrugged.

The two men still hadn't notice us. Were they so dumb, so dumb that they didn't even notice that the lid was open just fifty or sixty steps away? I couldn't answer that question myself, but one of them must had seen us. His moves froze and his partner's soon did too.

"Where did you come from?" He said carefully.

"Where did you come from?" Syn said back, his voice cold and emotionless. Wow, that was scary. The man let go of the body bag and it thumped into the water with a splash, "I'm asking you."

Bang! Bang! With just that he shot the two men's right hands, "I'm asking you, where did you come from."

"The Shining Stars! Damn it!" The other one said, probably holding grudge against his friend by now. Their knees all hit the ground at slightly different times. I grabbed two pistols from their belt and wore them on mine. Titian cursed silently- I could feel the air he dragged into his mouth as he did it. It took a lot when you were breathing sewage air, and that was certainly a fair amount as he did so.

Syn looked at me and the guns I had in my belt, surprised, or mocking surprised, "Not sharing?"

"Nope." As I said so my hand slid onto my belt and yanked one of them off it lightly and past it to Syn. He smiled and turned around, his expression changed again from blanket to ice.

Titian said, trying to contain his extreme anger. "It is handed over to the Fallen."

I couldn't completely understand how he felt as I didn't really have controlled the power of the whole gang, but one's own orders being disobeyed would not feel so good, especially hearing with one's own ears and was told by one's own crew and everything.

The man that was standing a little bit further away from us smiled eerily, "No it's not. It still runs."

"I'm so disappointed in him." Titian shook his head with disapproval, his eyes half-empty, "I just... I don't know."

I touched his shoulder at an instant but he flinched. "No-one knows. It's okay. At least no-one got killed."