Chapter 8

Today's out of uniform day and I had no idea. Ah, never mind, I'm too cool for that :D -Abs.2014.4.3

Wow. Okay. I am going to make this away more complicated than it already looks. *evil grin*

"Hello, nice to meet you." After my polite introduction, Amy reached out for Syn's hand to shake. My doctor (Yes, yes I am calling him that, any objections?) smiled shyly and responded, "Nice to meet you too."

Amy Draco was my best friend, Eli Moons's private doctor. She had taken, from what I knew and what I heard from Eli, about all of the courses a doctor needed. I guess Eli knew something different about me, but so far for these three years he did not mention a word. I always was grateful toward him, and especially this time, lending me his doctor to spare.

I left the two medics discussing how to take out a bullet and all that sort of boring stuff and walked outside of Eli's office. He was nowhere to be seen- probably buying kitty sushi downstairs. Or something. I walked toward the elevator and pressed the "down" button, thinking about going back to my office when the elevator arrived and opened, revealing no-one inside.

Good.

I looked at the panel and chose the "27" button, where my office was located. Eli's room was on the level of 33, his favourite number. The small room stopped at floor 30, and the doors slid open, and there was Syn, panting, "I... I caught up with you!"

"What?" I asked, slightly concerned (No, I am not going to admit that), "What happened?"

"I forgot my white box, remember?" He stepped in, "It's still in your office." I remembered it when he set it down on my desk, thumping a heavier sound than usual and his upper body twisted around when he looked at me. I mentally blushed.

I nodded, "Yes, I do."

The elevator car stopped at level 27 and the doors slid opened again. Syn walked out ahead of me and turned around the corner just the way I used to when he was not here yet. I was on his heels, and he pushed the double doors of my office open. Everything was untouched since we left and went to Eli's doctor.

I kept the doors open when Syn walked over the cross to retreat his white box, "I brought many more stuff, you know, for the course."

"I hope it's short." I whispered, but somehow he heard. Good hearing was already given credit for.

"It would be, since you are so special." He chuckled as he walked past me. I let go of the doors and they swung closed behind us as we started toward the elevator again.