Chapter 6

"So," He was in the shower that separated us with a shower-curtain, and while I was sitting on the shut toilet waiting for the best shower (which was the one in the bathroom, of course) I could see hot steam rising up from the other side, "How's your day?"

I winced at that boring question, "Nothing much. No shooting, no business, no emergency call, no field trips. Just a whole afternoon chatting with a loser doctor."

"Hey!" He drawn the curtains apart and put his head through, carefully using a fist to tuck part of it under his chin so that the rest of his body wasn't visible, "I'm not a loser!"

"Okay, okay." I nodded and pulled my knees closed to my chest, "Remind you that I will soon be doing outdoor activities, and I need to introduce you to one of my friends' private doctor, yes? So that when I get shot, you can keep your mouth shut and help me, yes?"

Syn had already gone back to his showering process, but he said, "Yes."

"What are you doing? It smells nice." I sniffed the air. No, My eyes instantly widened, No, that's impossible.

He replied after several seconds (of a process of wiping his face clean of bubbles, I guess), "Washing my hair. What?"

I put my feet to the ground and sprinted into the shower. Syn screamed and turned around, facing the wall (With a disturbing good-looking butt... Okay, okay.), and there were still bubbles in his brown hair, "What are you doing?!"

"That's my favourite shampoo!" I protested and grabbed the pink bottle, "Don't use it! I bought it from Japan! It's really expensive!"

Well, it was partly true because it would be expensive if you didn't order it online with eBay or something, but since my job's requirements, I could not go online buy stuff and leave my address or even leaving my Internet browsing history, so the only way to do it was to fly there and get them myself. Which was worth it since it smelt and felt really nice.

(Yes I am a creep.)

I was all wet when I stomped outside furious with bubbles in my hair and my bath robe stuck on my body again and despite everything carrying a pink bottle of shampoo and my victory and pride, but since it was warm inside I guess it was alright for me to get a little wet. "Don't you ever dare to use that again."

He muttered something I could not recognise.

"What did you say?" I asked, alarmed.

"I said you are selfish." He answered, "You wouldn't even share your favourite shampoo. If you come to my house, I would have share my favourite shampoo."

He sounded so childish, but it was the best thing I have ever heard in a very long, long time.

"Really?" I asked, and I saw glimpses of hope. That was such a small promise, and yet no-one had ever said that sort of stuff to me.

"Of course!" He sounded annoyed as if that was an actually fact (which I hoped it was), scratching his hair perhaps, "It's orange-flavoured."

Wow. That sounded real cute. I mean, orange? Awesome. Mine was grape, but it sounded a bit lame compared to orange. (Why do I have a special thing for shampoos anyway?) "I would be really happy to try it." I managed to say, but already imagining myself smelling of fresh orange walking around the building. That would have definitely made everyone jealous.

"Okay, sometime." He said, and after a pause the water stopped, the remaining splashing to the tiled floor dying to make the last noises, "Towel."

I wanted to say, dear me, this hot you doesn't need a towel, but still past it to his hand which was just outside the carefully drawn curtains, "Here."

He grabbed it and dragged it in, and after a quick shuffle he came out with the towel surrounding his waist to mid-thigh, "There. You can go in now. I'll just go on the balcony and chill."

"'K." Really, I think I needed to change this whole obedient thing, but I did not object as he eased the door shut quietly behind him and left me. I stripped naked and walked into the shower. The whole narrow space was still warm and steaming and smelt of grape.

Urgh.

When I finished and changed into my normal clothes, I stepped out of the bathroom and found Syn leaning on his elbows and forearms on the rail, looking down at the mega-city.

"You have a really cool view." His voice sounded faint, just enough for me to hear, since he wasn't facing me. I found that sort of everyday-science fascinating.

"And you," I replied and sat onto one of the love-seats, "Have a really good hearing."

"Thanks." He turned slightly, and with his head tilted on an upward angle and his waist twisted, Syn looked as gorgeous as a movie star. Oh, no, don't come on me for that, not now, I thought to myself, Don't, just don't, I didn't wear tight undies, oh no, oh no.

Unfortunately he noticed, "Are you serious, Amber?"

Ugh. I hated people calling my last name alone. But now I have bigger problems to face. "Err, no, actually," I replied with minor blushing, "It's just... Reflex."

"So what do you mean?" He now turned a 180 degree and leaned onto the rail with his arms behind his back like a triangle (A sexier triangle? Is that possible?), "Do I look like one of your former, or maybe recent, or maybe current boyfriend?"

I blushed heavier this time, "I don't have a boyfriend! I never really told anyone!" Oh my gosh, I felt like our characters had just been swapped in these few days, as if he was meant to be the in-control one.

No, that couldn't happen.

He chuckled softly and walked toward me and sat down beside me in the love-seats.