Chapter 9

EVERYTHING IS FICTIONAL. EVERYTHING. NAMES AND ORGANISATIONS.

"Hey!" Amy waved us over. I looked at Syn and in that split-second our movements were decided- me staying outside chilling or do my work or whatever, him inside doing his bullet course.

After the doors of Eli's office swung closed with a thud I went down the stairs into my office and sat down at my desk. I reached for the stack of paper that had been sitting on my desk away too long, I was afraid that they had gone way past their expire date.

Sadly, they didn't.

On the top of the page it read "Titian Cam", beside it a single black-and-white photo of a normal-looking man with black suit (What was the thing with suits these days?) and two body-guard-looking type of people on his left and right, with sunglasses. This man had a very dark-coloured hair and the photograph was blurry as if it was taken secretly, which, of course, it was.

More information about the man was under the big heading of "Head of Shining Stars". Pfft- that gang, I recalled my memories, had so many beaten-up people even when I hadn't had an office. Now, what were they up to? I read on, and more and more anger rose in my chest: had our people killed, murdered and tortured and... Argh! I threw the paper away and raced to the nearest elevator. I must have either me or Eli do something about that guy.

I so truly believed the reason why they put the documents on my desk that I was truly shocked when I had Eli told me that we could not do anything about the guy.

"What do you mean, nothing?" I was at the edge of yelling out of rage, looking at him. The two doctors were next door, and I could see through the glass wall that they were discussing something about people's chest. Hopefully that they were still on course.

Eli looked at me with no anger in his eyes, "What I mean is that we have to wait them out. I promise that we'll take them at their next attack. We will kill them all."

I was still in a mood when they came out. The walls, even if they were glass, had sound-proof system, so that when Syn looked at me he had no idea what happened. When we were still in the elevator, his hand reached for mine and squeezed it. I let him do what he wanted, but did not respond.

"What happened?" He asked, concern not hidden in his big eyes. I suppose if he was to be my closest man I must not hide anything from him.

"This guy killed so many of our men, and we could not take action unless we wait him out." I said simply that, and pressed my lips together into a thin line afterwards. That was too much for me.