Chapter 15

I was behind the elevator and stairs block when the helicopter came descending down. Wow, were they serious about attacking? Because I wasn't.

I definitely needed more back-ups than just myself since there were about seven or eight of them, and from the privilege of a flying vehicle I guessed that they were the top soldiers, and following them a guy with dark hair- the organiser himself, Titian Cam.

Just then a few more men came quietly behind me. Eli was to be reading minds some levels below me? How great was his mind then? I did not think as much at the time but signalled them a few gestures. They nodded and held the guns before their glazes- point at it where you look at was one of the lessons we all had to learn.

Seriously I was getting a little rusty but wasn't honestly prepared to be found out so when Titian called out my name I almost had a fit. "Jack Amber," He said after the helicopter stopped its deafening process of spinning its blades, "How lucky to see you here."

I bit my lips and glided into the view. He looked slimmer than I thought and more muscular than in the photo- not that I cared, honestly. I held my pistol directly in front of me. "Yo," He said, the smirk on his face not changing a bit or even uneasy, "Don't be so rude. We did not fire a bullet today."

"But you did come into our territory." I said. Their organisation was so crazy I thought it must had been like a cult; there wasn't any high commanders or commanders or even a secretary of his. There was only one man on top, and soldiers down at the bottom of the pyramid. That must had been easy.

I shot.

Their men did not shoot at me, to my surprise. I wore vest anyway, but almost had a fit again when they all climbed into the helicopter in a way must be trained-panicky and the vehicle flew away. I looked at it and couldn't believe what I saw for one split-second. Titian Cam was dead on the ground- in fact, more dead than ever, a bullet right through his forehead.

The elevator arrived with a "ping". Eli walked out and scowled at me, "Look what you have done!"

"What?" I opened my arms, "They only had one leader. Without him-"

"Yes, yes I know!" He scowled again but this time more annoyed than angry, "His gang was destroyed, of course. But what about his allies? Have you thought of it?"

For one dreadful second I imagined hundreds of people on the streets as big as ants rushing into the building seeking revenge.