Chapter 51

The gun shots that almost stopped finally halted to a stop after the guys with neat black suits came into the door and lined up in a single file. Everyone was staring and finally to Syn's lead, they all stood up with empty hands and their guns laid at their feet.

"All out. Hands behind your head." The seemed-to-be leader said, swung his light machine gun at the door, "The ones who know you are needed stay."

Most of the people filed out but a few left behind. I could hear the noise became louder from the hall, and private ambulance-like vehicles appeared one after another and sending all different levels of people to their medics. I almost felt relieved that mine was with me when I realised that he might not be any more. I shook those thoughts away and instead, focused my mind on the currant situation.

Those who were still standing were me, Eli, John, Titian, Ezra and his two accompanies, Jim Hamish. "Jacky Amber." Syn nodded to me and introduced the name to the back-up leader, "This is Holland Weaver, our head of security. Now Holland, can I go?"

"Uh- uh." The guy waved his index finger at Syn, who looked all disappointed and look down. "Master, Young Master, John Fallen and your company, Jim Hamish, Titian Cam." He addressed us with the style of an experienced combat leader.

Syn just walked up to his father when the older man said, "Don't even think about it. Now isn't the time. Let's just leave it for the time being."

"Now is exactly the time!" He protested, "We're all here aren't we? Now just say it. No, actually, let me say it myself. I'm gay."

His father bit his lips with resentment and I thought I saw something else. It wasn't quite like regret, but I didn't know how else to put it if it wasn't that. Syn probably saw it too, but he remained silent, his fists at either sides of his body, slightly shaking.

"And this," He gestured at me, "Is what I do." And then he changed the direction of his palm, surprisingly, at Titian, "And this is what I did. And this would be who I am." And finally he waved at himself, pointing at his chest, where his heart would be.

The woman beside him murmured something into Ezra's ears and left. She didn't recollect the look of Syn so I assumed that she was in a high position, but she left- not family, then. I kept my mind pointed at the scene before me. Titian looked kind of shocked and Jim Hamish amused.

"I hate this." Ezra muttered, "Can we not discuss in public?"

"No." Syn said, crossing his arms before his chest.

"Fine." He said, "You got it from me." Calmly looking at all of us (Including Holland Weaver- lucky me who just saw a cool guy's complete shocked expression which is extremely rare and amusing *cough* Excuse me.) he frowned, "Secret. And don't make me repeat that. We're good?"

Syn silently nodded and came back across half the length of the room. I wanted to reach out and take his hand before remembering the reality: he went cold for no reason again.