Chapter 5

"So, you are...?" I asked, not sure if I got the message right when we were out on the balcony. He looked at me with a blank expression and after a moment realised what I was talking about.

"Ah," He looked startled for me asking and was slightly blushing, "Ah, I mean... Yes."

I chuckled softly, "There's no need to be ashamed. I am to be shot many times lately, you know, and it was just my luck that after I was promoted and got you for my doctor I still haven't been. And plus, I am confused about my desire... Even now."

He looked at me as if to say, I noticed. But all he said was, "I guess I can do some bullet job if I have to. But getting the training is hard."

I alerted myself, "Hard how? Can you? Before it's too late?"

"Yes, of course." He said, his legs swifting motion in the water, "But if I need the course to be signed, I needed to proof that I had to do the job. Of course, I couldn't show them your profile since it was partly illegal- no offence, but something must be done."

I frowned; the water did not seem so much comfortable any more, "You can say that you are going to be some politician's body-guard or something."

"Or, do you have friends who have private doctors who are trained?" He suggested; I noticed greatly that he was leaning closer for I did not know what reason, but I did not move away- for I did not know what reason, "I could just take the training from them. That'll save a great deal of... Everything, really."

I realised what he was talking about; it was a better idea than mine, and a lot safer. My brain wasn't working properly lately due to the weather and... Maybe... Something else. "Yes, yes, I suppose. That is great plan." I replied, wasn't looking at him.

"And that ankle of yours," He reminded me and now I could feel the slight pain when I shifted my right foot through the water without flexing it, "Don't go on any dangerous activities when it's not healed. It might take a week till it fully recovers, but for a few years it cannot bend painlessly like the other one."

I nodded and looked down at the bottom of the pool, and finding my eyes shifted to his floating robe hem and his white swimmers, and managed to say, "Thanks."

"This is awkward." He remarked.

"Is it, though?" I looked up now, slightly angry because of no particular reason and looked at him straight into the eyes. I hated when people around me, and especially alone, and said that they found it awkward. My job was to talk sense into people and if necessary, shoot them if they couldn't listen, and make business, and my flaw was pride.

His eyes widened a little bit, "I'm sorry to anger you. I didn't mean to."

Ah. Perhaps I could forgive him for his rudeness, but I crossed my arms before my chest.