Chapter 12

I clapped sarcastically and slowly. "Good, good, good." I said with my every step; he didn't turn to look at me. "What, are you heart-broken?"

He splashed water at me, suddenly laughing, his eyes shining.

"Argh," I chuckled, "Never mind. You stay here alright- I'll just go down and get some coffee and sushi. Wait right here- pull your legs out if you want."

Then I left a wink before I closed the door.

On the ride in the elevator car I'd missed him already. I really wanted to have a good time with him, but that also meant that things would never be the same again. What if I stuffed up? Then my closest man might turn on me- but he seemed loyal enough to not to do that. But what if I lost my future right arm? How hard would that be for me? And if it was now, it was kind of fine. But after I entered the game, what about then? What about after a million times of him taking bullets out of me, what about then, what would it mean to be losing him then?

I bought coffee and was on my way to the sushi stand when I ran into Eli. "That little guy of yours," He smiled and nudged me, "You guys together yet?"

Wow. It had been that long and today, he chose today when I wanted the answer the most, came asking me. "I wish." I replied and pointed my chin at the sushi place, "Wanna come along?"

"Yeah, sure." He said, turning around with me. He wasn't mentioning anything about that Titian guy, which was good but kind of unnerving. "Is the business going alright?" I asked, slightly concerned. Well, if it wasn't, I would not put my attention into it anyway because I had made my decision to follow through with Syn. I was only too glad and lucky as I got a positive answer and nothing more when we reached the stand.

I set the food on my desk and looked at Syn, who was now sitting there in bath robe. He smiled at me again, patted the space beside him.

Please, don't disturb us this time.

I jumped at him and held my breath. We rolled into the water together, and bobbed to the surface shortly afterward. We were both laughing, his grin shiny and hard to look at like it was radiating light or something. I kissed him first this time, our lips touched and his grip hardened on my shoulders when I reached my hands into his bath robe. He found a gap between the times and reached down to untie his belt. My clothes were heavy and I kicked my flippers off.

He unbuttoned my shirt which plastered on me uncomfortably and I shook it off, and it was sent away floating at the surface of the water- I guess. I was too busy snogging. His hands fumbled at my leather belt and I ended up flushing and giving him the same treatment. He chuckled and glided away, which sent me thrust out in the water and caught him in my arms, just at the edge of the pool.

He looked at me for a moment, but with completely different meanings from the first time we were doing such. Then he nodded in agreement, but did not turn around. I shook off my neatly ironed trousers and pressed my hands on top of his.

(Turned out I wasted that night, but that's a different story.)