Chapter 41

I just decided that I was going to ignore Sonya Campbell (Seriously! What kind of name is that!) when the second dish came up. It was chicken. I shrugged and took a piece onto my plate. It still had skin on it, which was my favourite- being in as big a group as Fallen we had plenty of healthy-eating talk and the sort, and I knew how much fat there was just in the skin, but I mean, who could resist a piece of chicken when it had skin on it?

"Eww." She said.

Okay. Okay. Maybe except for this freak girl over here who ate a piece of small tomato with Thousand Island sauce on it which was already gross enough but in a salad? That smelt like fresh onion and leaf-vegetables that I didn't even want to name? Gross-err. Not that Thousand Island sauce was bad- in face I loved it- but with a tomato? And she dared to judge me on chicken skin?

That was just so irritating I forgot that I was going to ignore her and turned to her and said, "What are you, vegetarian?"

"Yeah." She said.

I frowned deeply and slipped a glance at Eli & Boss Co. They were really cute, secretly holding hands under the table and sharing forks and knifes and sneaking cute bubbly love-heart glances at each other... Wait. Was Syn seeing this? He really, totally needed to. If this place was completely legal I would definitely video it whether they like it or not and post that on YouTube and name the thing "cutest gay couple ever". I looked up and couldn't see Syn... There he was. Right in the spot.

...Or maybe not?

I just couldn't help it but noticed that something was wrong, but nothing was. Maybe I was freaking out, maybe I wasn't. Everyone beside him was still sitting at the same place but it felt like he moved down one seat... That was weird. I probably should have kept a tight sense, but just couldn't do that while chewing chicken.

Yum!! ~❤

Anyway, when I looked at him he sighed and made a face at me, looking at Eli and John. Ah, so he did notice. I thought that something was wrong... He was acting humour the way he usually was but still, the thoughts about the seat-moving was really confusing. Was my eye... Were my eyes... Playing with me and driving me nuts?

Oh well, I shook the thought off and smiled at him, but he lifted his chin slightly at the bathroom.

Ah. I saw that one coming.