Chapter 37

"Syn," I pulled a chair and sat down in front of some good-smelling fried eggs, not really smelling bad myself but rather like orange, "Do you drool when you sleep?"

He turned his waist and looked at me, surprised, "How do you know?"

"I have drool all over my face. I do notice." I stuffed some eggs into my face after I commented, "What's the medicine I need to take?"

"Oh, I'm heating it up right now," Just when he said that I noticed that the microwave was lit pinkish-orange and there was a china bowl in there turning containing brownish liquid, "It's the ginger soup. I know, but it's good for you in many ways."

I groaned and ate the last piece of friend egg, "But it's weird."

"Wrong, it's sweet. Not weird." He corrected me, "And I'm sorry if I drooled all over you yesterday."

"Did you call my boss? Or Eli?" I asked, sitting there bored and waiting for anything to happen, "Do they know?"

With the microwave stopped its action, Syn reached out and pressed to make the lid jump open and he took the bowl out with two kitchen mittens that had rabbits on them, "Yeah, they do know. And I... I made a decision. Drink this."

"You made a decision to make me drink this?" I asked, looking at the bowl. It was still steaming and I could feel the heat in my face, "It's hot."

Syn just shook his head with a smirk on his face, "I told you. It must be hot to work."

I asked before picking up the bowl and gulped, "What's the decision?"

I could feel him going all serious and imagined the smile draining from his face as he looked all solemn. "I decided to join your side. Plus, the Inevitable didn't really do anything against you guys, so I don't think that would be a big problem- but I don't want to think what my father would do when he finds out."

"We can get through this and be alive." I said and walked to the kitchen sink with the empty bowl in my hand and my back immediately started to sweat with the soup's heat swirling in my body. What I didn't say and was hung in the air was hopefully. "What time is it now?"

"It's half past six." Syn looked at his wrist watch, "The meeting starts at eight, at the head of the Mute Moon. I take it as you did loads of research on them?"

"Yeah. They're gay, right?" I joked as my hands slipped in the water and washed the bowl.

Syn glanced at me and walked over, "Not nice. Only their head Jim Hamish is gay."

I shrugged, "I don't care." He stepped behind me and slipped his hands in front of my stomach and puffed little cute air at my neck with his lips on it. It tickled a bit and I turned the tap off, "What, you thinking of anything particular on your mind?"

"Half-an-hour drive," He glided back and looked at me in the eyes after I put the bowl on the drying racks, "That's seven. One hour."

I thought for a moment before we both shook our head and I blushed and he grinned and looked down at the same time, "Nah. Not enough time."