Chapter 49

After a small and not-so-easy process of knocking the two men out and tying them and everything we left with the lid of the sewage system firmly closed. Titian started the car and, with some incomprehensible reason, Syn got the shotgun. I pouted as if I didn't care, but actually did.

Now that the big problem in front of us, the immediate danger, was kind of solved, it had came down, again and unexplainably, to my love life. However that was one thing I hated. That didn't really make sense did it, I hate my love life?

Whatever ways I wanted to explain that phrase now wasn't the time. The two of them wasn't exactly talking and the car was silent riding toward the headquarters of the Mute Moon, but I felt like the tension between the front seats and the back seats were different, as if the air was frozen at different level. Theirs were outside the Ice Statue Museum. Mine was inside.

And plus, it wasn't exactly good feeling. The grudge I was holding against Syn was for his nonsense with all the emotional cut-out of me, but it must had gone deeper than that, than simply his worry about my gang. Although it wasn't mine.

Hey. It isn't even mine. The thought rushed into my head like the boat that would save you on a man-eating-people-island, but it turned away as if it didn't notice me waving like crazy running around the beach chased by a bunch of weird loin-clothed people.

I admit that he was worrying about me, but why did it feel like I was the one who was ignored by everyone else? Even Titian had a certain amount of easiness when he looked to the front. It felt like a century when we finally stopped at the front doors of the hall.

It wasn't exactly blood-shed, from my first impression, but actually there was absolutely no people walking around, which meant that it won't look pretty after we open the doors. I decided not to call anyone who attended the party at full length (As long as it got after we left, anyway) in case if they were still in a gun fight or troop-ish fight or something. You never knew what would come at you when a phone rang in your pocket.

There was no time for drama and unreadiness. The two of them pushed one of the doors open, just a little to peak. Then Syn pushed the doors wide, revealing a graphic image before me. I really felt left out, but now wasn't exactly, or anything like, the time, either.