Chapter 50

I did not prepare for what I saw.

The first thing that came for my head was, definitely, a tray. After the tray it might be bullet, so it was very smart for me to catch the tray and held it in front of my face while trying to find Eli and John. They were just on the left of the doors. I went over to join them, on my way ditched the tray and kicked over two people from unknown groups.

"What the hell?" I asked. Eli was too busy shooting random people who were shooting at him.

"After you were gone," John explained (Well that's the reason why he must be the boss while being the more sensitive one isn't it?) ,"The head of the Inevitable, Ezra Procreece, at least is on our side. He did say that he didn't aim at big groups at us and is not intended to, so we're good. Problem was the Mute Moon, it was all messed up from the inside. People in there accepted so many little gangs without leaders, and they fought and the whole place was a mess."

Syn slid behind me, "Yeah, and their head of security is dead. We saw her body being dumped into the sewage system in the countryside."

"How the hell did that happen?" John said, surprised, and was even more when he saw Titian, "And him?"

I grabbed for some more bullets from Eli's pocket and tried to stuff them into my gun, "Turned out that his father was in it all alone. He was even grounded afterwards." John didn't exactly knock down the defensive wall in his eyes, but at least he didn't shot the guy dead, and that was kind of good enough for this kind of situation that was happening right now.

"Where is Ezra... I mean, your father?" I asked all of them, and the last bit pointed at Syn.

"Over there in the far corner." Eli now was resting and unharmed, his hands fiddling with more bullets all over his pockets, "Near the toilet. Didn't know how he got there."

Syn just came back in from another conflict, and called for back-ups. At least this would end soon, I thought with a hint of relief but the small voice in my head mocked, And then it would come to your love life. Again. Err. I groaned and tried to tell it to shut up with no effect.